Contribute
Register

ADD WINDOWS 10 BOOT EFI AFTER INSTALLED OS X & CLOVER UEFI Simple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there. I have a little strange question)) Well.. I had MacOS and Windows and they loaded from Clover and worked good. Someday I replaced config.plist and now I can't boot to Windows. So, how I need to edit config.plist?

Didn't work for me yet. Anyway, if anyone has a problem booting Windows 10 but can still boot Windows install from some USB stick, hitting shift + F10, typing bcdboot c:\windows and hitting enter fixed my drive. At least I can now boot into Win 10 without missing the winload.efi file or getting a 0xc000000e boot error.

Hey I need your help I installed macOS but I can't boot back to windows 10 my problem is even bigger because I lost my windows boot, it's not in the boot order priorities i tried everything but nothing worked.
ps: I can still access the windows 10 drive from inside macOS.

This work good for me.
I firstly copied the microsoft folder to the efi folder and after that the other in the boot folder exactly as written, this was still with win10 drive disconnected.
I disconnected my macos drive and then i connected and booted win10 and performed the command in cmd.
after that connected both the drives and set the macos drive as first boot.
After this clover started with a bunch of drives because Win10 seems to need 4 partitions....
So i can boot both now.
(by the way i did not use multibeast becasue i had to redo it all after using it the first time) Just copied efi from usb to drive. Of course some things dont work yet

I created a hackintosh to house two OS on separate SSDs; Sierra and Windows 10. Everything was humming along just fine until few days ago when out of the blue, I got an error code - 0xc0000034 and then it can't boot up. I researched on it it and it seems to be related to missing boot up stuff. I already tried using windows USB to repair that partition but no luck. I also tried using command prompt to repair Windows with the following command Bootrec /fixmbr ....and I learned that it removed clover option for the Mac OS, leaving only Windows 10 but still didn't resolve the issue. (thankfully for Multibeast - it was a snap to reinstall clover option for the Mac OS). Any idea how I can reinstall clover or other stuff to boot into Windows 10?

i think the best thing to do is, just like when installing all:disconnect your MacOs drive and only try to boot from the win10 drive, if not succeeding then try to repair it with Bootrec things, it should work. when you can boot again into win10, then shutdown, reconnect your MacOs drive again and make sure you boot from it.
The Win10 drive should then also be available in Clover. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

i think the best thing to do is, just like when installing all:disconnect your MacOs drive and only try to boot from the win10 drive, if not succeeding then try to repair it with Bootrec things, it should work. when you can boot again into win10, then shutdown, reconnect your MacOs drive again and make sure you boot from it.
The Win10 drive should then also be available in Clover. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Here's the recap: I disconnected all the drives physically except for the windows. Then I booted up and used the windows media USB to repair the boot by selecting windows startup repair. Then it was fixed and I booted up again only with the Windows HD to ensure that I can access it. I was able to access it. However, the 0xc0000034 errror reared its head again when I reconnected all the drives together, and tried accessing windows from the clover. How do I work this out? I can't go inside the case every time to disconnect all drives so I can access the windows directly? Any thoughts?

Actually no, i'm sorry.
I know that on my Gigabyte i have a few possibilities to choose from because i did not let multibeast create the clover startup and i just copied it the folder where it belongs after mounting it.
-I have a win10 icon which i choose and then shut down win10 it restarts again, so this one does not shut down.
-I have another one which won't start at all and gives me a similair fault as yours.
-And i have one Boot win10 for EFI and that's the one which works ok.
I did not use Multbeast the last time, because at a previous installation i could not boot to either MacOs or win10 and had to start from scratch again. I have a thread started here, but no answers on it yet. So i don't dare to use multibeast, perhaps i make the wrong choices in it and it fails again.

So in short i have to many choices in startup clover, but i know now which one to use. Also i'd like to add an Ubuntu flavour, but not sure if that will go well.

bcdboot C:\Windows /s C: /f uefi
Hello, I have exactly the same problem but I can't even run this command above in Windows 10. Ther is no message after... I installed sierra fluently with the HP 8300 guide and then I've installed on the same disk (two partition) windows 10. Now I can only boot into mac with the help of the sierra installer usb stick. How can I reinstall the clover bootloader? Thanks for a little help

As far as i know you can download & run Multibeast, and this will install clover
other way is to copy clover files to a folder which you have to mount first, it's on this forum written how to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back