i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi !

I've been playing with Ozmosis 816M over my Z77X-UD5H/3770k. Everything works so far, except SpeedStep.

Ozmosis loads my DSDT.aml, but my SSDT refuses to load, so people is merging data from SSDT into DSDT. I've tried this but I get lots of errors from MaciASL, so now I don't know what to try.

Both my DSDT and SSDT work fine under Chimera. What I need is to integrate my SSDT's info into my previously edited DSDT, so Ozmosis loads the CPU info via DSDT.

Thanks in advance !

Doesn't MaciAsl have a SSDT generation script that dies this automaticly? Hmm... I'm not sure though...

Yes, but I need the SSDT data included within my DSDT, and there's where problems occur: lots of compile errors.

Any clue on this ?

Yes, but I need the SSDT data included within my DSDT, and there's where problems occur: lots of compile errors.

Any clue on this ?

Why are you putting SSDT in DSDT?

Why are you putting SSDT in DSDT?

For some reason Ozmosis 816M doesn't load SSDT.aml, just DSDT.aml so I was told about enabling SpeedStep this way. By now Speedstep is the only thing that's not working correctly (just 2 states and overclock only after wake) with this BIOS/bootloader...

All the rest works as expected: my DSDT including HDMI audio and USB3, all the devices in system profiler and sleep/wake, plus 3 displays.

I've got to say that this Ozmosis is brilliant in many aspects: really vanilla experience, installs from InstallESD.dmg without any kexts and doing two installation phases, like a real Mac. The right system definition for your hardware is automagically applied and you just start using OSX. No UniBeast, no post-install, kexts go to the EFI partition... really easy.

But embedding SSDT data into DSDT seems to be beyond my knowledge. Is it possible? Too complicated? I can post my files here, maybe someone can have a look...

Thanks in advance!

For some reason Ozmosis 816M doesn't load SSDT.aml, just DSDT.aml so I was told about enabling SpeedStep this way.

What is Ozmosis 816M? The bootloader (Chameleon/Chimera) is the software which loads /Extra/dsdt.aml and /Extra/ssdt.aml.

By now Speedstep is the only thing that's not working correctly (just 2 states and overclock only after wake) with this BIOS/bootloader...

Maybe you have NullCPU loaded. Provide ioreg dump and I can look: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

But embedding SSDT data into DSDT seems to be beyond my knowledge. Is it possible? Too complicated? I can post my files here, maybe someone can have a look...

It simply isn't necessary.

What is Ozmosis 816M? The bootloader (Chameleon/Chimera) is the software which loads /Extra/dsdt.aml and /Extra/ssdt.aml.

Ozmosis is a BIOS mod which is able to boot an OSX system without any extra kext in S/L/E, since FakeSMC is embedded in BIOS. The rest of the kexts are in the EFI partition, just like with Clover. Ozmosis can boot the system in full UEFI mode (CSM disabled) and has other features. See all the info about it in this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291655-ozmosis/

Maybe you have NullCPU loaded. Provide ioreg dump and I can look: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

No, I don't have NullCPU since this way using MultiBeast is not necessary. My problem with SpeedStep is related to the way Ozmosis loads DSDT and SSDT. DSDT is loading fine but SSDT doesn't. That's why someone at insanelymac recommended putting SSDT data into DSDT.

It simply isn't necessary.

I'm sure it is not necessary with Chameleon/Chimera, but it seems with this BIOS and bootloader things work in a different way.

Thanks and I'll keep you posted.

Ozmosis is a BIOS mod which is able to boot an OSX system without any extra kext in S/L/E, since FakeSMC is embedded in BIOS. The rest of the kexts are in the EFI partition, just like with Clover. Ozmosis can boot the system in full UEFI mode (CSM disabled) and has other features. See all the info about it in this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291655-ozmosis/

OK.

No, I don't have NullCPU since this way using MultiBeast is not necessary. My problem with SpeedStep is related to the way Ozmosis loads DSDT and SSDT. DSDT is loading fine but SSDT doesn't. That's why someone at insanelymac recommended putting SSDT data into DSDT.

I'm sure it is not necessary with Chameleon/Chimera, but it seems with this BIOS and bootloader things work in a different way.

Thanks and I'll keep you posted.

You should be able to place the entire contents of your SSDT (the code within the SSDT's DefinitionBlock) into the root of the DefinitionBlock of your DSDT. Simple copy/paste, save.

OK.

You should be able to place the entire contents of your SSDT (the code within the SSDT's DefinitionBlock) into the root of the DefinitionBlock of your DSDT. Simple copy/paste, save.

Thanks for your help, I'll try it and keep you posted. Cheers !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back