Contribute
Register

Add existing Windows 7 install to Clover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an option to install legacy functionality to existing Clover install or do I have to start again?

Given the fun of getting OSX to work..re-install Win7 would be the only option.
To change Clover UEFI to Clover Legacy, mount the EFI partition and delete the EFI/Clover

Run the Clover installer and choose the Legacy mode for installation.
Fix your config.plist, add any kexts you are keeping in Clover. Reboot.

Thanks for the feedback.

I ended up deleting the Win7 and starting again with Win10 in UEFI and all is working fine. For future reference if anyone else is looking to do this, you have to have a 64bit version of Windows. It took some time to figure that one out.

Due to the number of disks I have, is there anyway to clean up what Clover shows me and 'pick' to disks in the menu?

Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback.

I ended up deleting the Win7 and starting again with Win10 in UEFI and all is working fine. For future reference if anyone else is looking to do this, you have to have a 64bit version of Windows. It took some time to figure that one out.

Due to the number of disks I have, is there anyway to clean up what Clover shows me and 'pick' to disks in the menu?

Thanks.

See the Clover Wiki on hiding drives.
You can also just look at the names Clover gives your drives at the boot screen. Each icon should have a different name and you can use Clover Configurator to hide them - add the names to the Hide box in the upper right corner - I think this is on the boot menu screen, but since I use Xcode to edit plists instead of CC I am not 100% certain.

Clover wiki seems to be down atm, or I would link. In CC, under Gui, you will need to add a 'custom entry' to rename and hide. See attached pic for reference.. Also as Going Bald stated see the Clover Wiki for more info :thumbup:

Screenshot 2015-10-12 04.49.27.jpg

I've installed clover in legacy mode and windows in also legacy mode, I can boot into windows from clover "Boot Windows from Legacy HD1". But there is one problem my keyboard and mouse are not recognised it says driver not installed successfully. Please help me with this problem. Thank you

Interesting topic.
I'm about to do a new install of Sierra on my system following this guide. It says there that it should be possible to boot a Legacy installed Windows disk with Clover. As long as NTFS.efi driver is installed and 'LegacyBiosDefault' is enabled.
Can somebody confirm this?

When not working, another option would be to convert a MBR boot disk to a GPT disk without losing data, according to this guide; https://www.disk-partition.com/gpt-mbr/change-legacy-to-uefi-4348i.html

Windows is installed Legacy mode. Either convert it to UEFI mode or re-install it UEFI mode or install Clover in Legacy mode.
What would be the downside of installing Clover in Legacy mode?

I have to windows harddisks (7 and 10), both Legacy, which i would like to be able to boot with a new clover install..

Interesting topic.
I'm about to do a new install of Sierra on my system following this guide. It says there that it should be possible to boot a Legacy installed Windows disk with Clover. As long as NTFS.efi driver is installed and 'LegacyBiosDefault' is enabled.
Can somebody confirm this?

When not working, another option would be to convert a MBR boot disk to a GPT disk without losing data, according to this guide; https://www.disk-partition.com/gpt-mbr/change-legacy-to-uefi-4348i.html

What would be the downside of installing Clover in Legacy mode?

I have to windows harddisks (7 and 10), both Legacy, which i would like to be able to boot with a new clover install..
There is no downside to booting Clover Legacy mode. I do it every time I boot my X58A system.
On a UEFI capable system, it may be a bit slower, but I doubt if you will notice much difference.
NTFS.efi is not needed for legacy boot since your Windows boot files are not in an efi partition with legacy install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back