Contribute
Register

Add EVGA GTX 650 Ti to working Clover UEFI system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus TUF Gaming Z370-Plus
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
U630 / RX 570
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a working system with Gigabyte Z77-DS3H (Bios F9) and a i5 3570K processor, and wish to add an EVGA 650 Ti card. I am running OS X 10.8.4 and Clover (1948). I have both versions of the video bios for the card; neither version allows me to get past the VGA portion of the boot process. In talking with EVGA Tech Support, they tell me the only difference between the two BIOSes is that the modified BIOS supports secure boot. I also have Windows 7 (64 bit) and Linux (64 bit) on a separate drive which boot using Clover.

I would really appreciate help from anyone who can get me over the hump!

Please advise as to what detailed information is needed.

Thanks,
Starry48

I have a working system with Gigabyte Z77-DS3H (Bios F9) and a i5 3570K processor, and wish to add an EVGA 650 Ti card. I am running OS X 10.8.4 and Clover (1948). I have both versions of the video bios for the card; neither version allows me to get past the VGA portion of the boot process. In talking with EVGA Tech Support, they tell me the only difference between the two BIOSes is that the modified BIOS supports secure boot. I also have Windows 7 (64 bit) and Linux (64 bit) on a separate drive which boot using Clover.

I would really appreciate help from anyone who can get me over the hump!

Please advise as to what detailed information is needed.

Thanks,
Starry48
I know nothing 'bout your GB board. I'm assuming the EVGA tech was talking stock bios vers. uefi/gop bios. If you are currently booting UEFI then all you need for the 650 Ti is to add this to your config.plist:

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>GraphicsInjector</key>
<false/>
<key>LoadVBios</key>
<true/>
<key>PatchVBios</key>
<false/>
</dict>

If you want to run what is poorly named secure boot, disable cms, select "other" in OS options, and flash your card to the GOP bios..

Thanks to a post in the ProjectOSX Forum, the problem has been resolved: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2705 It turns out that the MCFG portion of the DSDT needs to be dropped. It seems to be something specific to the Macmini6,x configuration. Details start around post #9 in the thread.

--Starry48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back