Motherboard
Asud rog maximus xi code
CPU
I9 9900k
Graphics
2x gtx 970 palit jetstream
Hi,
I want to make one project.
Completely disassemble a broken imac (from 2010 or more) and insert my hardware inside with some modifications. However, I would like to understand if it is possible to adapt the original LCD and use it as a simple monitor with HDMI input. I found an adapter that does this with notebooks, but I don't know if there is anything like this for an iMac's LCD.

What do you think? Have you ever heard of such an adapter?

(this is the adapter for notebook lcd)
71Vn5s96GNL._AC_SX466_.jpg

Hi,
I want to make one project.
Completely disassemble a broken imac (from 2010 or more) and insert my hardware inside with some modifications. However, I would like to understand if it is possible to adapt the original LCD and use it as a simple monitor with HDMI input. I found an adapter that does this with notebooks, but I don't know if there is anything like this for an iMac's LCD.

What do you think? Have you ever heard of such an adapter?

(this is the adapter for notebook lcd)
View attachment 460368
I'm glad you bought this up!, I'm currently figuring out if I can connect a Dell Inspirion One 2020 flat panel to another, more upto date board. Don't you mean one of these, LVDS ribbon cable?. I think that's how it connects to the panel.

Capture1.PNG

Hi, I don't know what that cable is for, maybe it's the LVDS cable without logic board. I should do something similar to these videos (I would need the converters that use them, to make the imac lcd become like any monitor:

Also I would need to know if it is possible to do it only on imac until 2011 or also on the most recent (2012 or more, I don't know if the lcd have a different connector)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back