AMD Ryzen 5900x
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey everyone.

I managed to get my system to consistently boot into High Sierra Beta 4. I'm trying to get my MSI GTX1050Ti to pick up. I followed the guide from KGP's latest X299 guide. I replaced the AppleGraphicsControl.kext file with the one provided. I've updated the latest web drivers, patched using nvidia driver updater, and run the AGDPfix. When I reboot using web drivers, my boot hangs with a IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0. error.

It will then flash on and off until I switch off the system.

Please help.

You can only use the iGPU (Intel Embedded Graphics), its been a an issue on hackintosh laptops with dual graphics solutions, you can disable the Intergrated Nvidia Graphics from the BIOS plus you can also disable it from setting up your Clover Bootloader config.plist correctly.

You can only use the iGPU (Intel Embedded Graphics), its been a an issue on hackintosh laptops with dual graphics solutions, you can disable the Intergrated Nvidia Graphics from the BIOS plus you can also disable it from setting up your Clover Bootloader config.plist correctly.

Who are you replying to? The OP is asking about his Nvidia GPU not working in his desktop system as it should per the linked, original guide that he followed. This is a Desktop Support thread for High Sierra PB - not laptops.

Who are you replying to? The OP is asking about his Nvidia GPU not working in his desktop system as it should per the linked, original guide that he followed. This is a Desktop Support thread for High Sierra PB - not laptops.

Sorry un intentional post, I thought I was posting on another forum thread. Disregard my comment.

Are you using HDMI? I had the same issue trying to get the NVIDIA drivers to work while using a DVI-to-VGA adapter from my graphics card to the VGA port on my TV. Switching to HDMI seems to work, save for the horrible EDID configuration of my TV causing resolution issues.

I had a Sierra system that I upgraded to High Sierra Beta. The Sierra system had the Nvidia web drivers installed (it wasn't a 10.12.6 system so it didn't have the very latest).

I found that same post and followed the instructions and there was some trial and error. In particular, I didn't need AGDPFix because I use iMac 14,2 SMBIOS. The guide wasn't clear about that.

So the net for me was, I removed then NVDA*.kext from /S/L/E, rebooted. Used the patched web driver installer from that post, rebooted. And finally copied over AppleGraphicsControl.kext from that post (which is the 10.12.6 version) and used the Nvidia webdriver updater utility in that post to "patch immediately" NVDAStartupWeb.kext with the current OS build version from "about this Mac". Rebooted. Again, I did not need AGDPFix because of my SMBIOS, YMMV. In this process of reboots I never changed nv_disable or NvidiaWeb clover settings.

That got me going. It's glitchy as heck, but it does enable dual monitors and ATM reports the gpu properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back