Contribute
Register

Acronis True Image ~ Simple way to make backups and clones

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest Beta 3.3 of Super Duper! will clone the EFI partition also - just cloned my Catalina boot drive over to a USB 3.0 drive. No need to copy over the EFI folder.

The latest Beta 3.3 of Super Duper! will clone the EFI partition also - just cloned my Catalina boot drive over to a USB 3.0 drive. No need to copy over the EFI folder.
Great. How long till it's out of beta ?

No joy here. The last 2 Beta's (B4, B5) of Super Duper 3.3 did not backup my EFI partition.

Just received my code for ATI 2020 in the mail today, now where did I put that spare USB stick? :confused:

48 HRs Only! **Expires 11:59PM PT on 11/15/2019.

Get three PC/Mac licenses for $33 or 11 dollars each.
Newegg will ship the box to you, not a digital delivery.

48 HRs Only! **Expires 11:59PM PT on 11/15/2019.

Get three PC/Mac licenses for $33 or 11 dollars each.
Newegg will ship the box to you, not a digital delivery.

@trs96 I realize ATI is a great bit by bit clone tool. I own ATI 2019 and use the bootable version to perform drive cloning on my other systems that have the same size storage devices or a larger backup drive. My current situation is I'm trying to clone a NVME Samsung 970 500 GB to a Samsung 860 500 GB SSD without success. The NVME 970 500 GB is actually 128 mega larger than the 860 500 GB SSD so the clone utility fails. I realize there are several work arounds that require further action. Both super duper and CCC will perform the clone operation however, the EFI partition is not cloned. Again I realize there is also a work around for this. My response was to vlad1966 post about super duper beta being able to clone the EFI thus resulting in a bootable backup without any further action.

Any further enlightenment is welcomed.

Both super duper and CCC will perform the clone operation however, the EFI partition is not cloned. Again I realize there is also a work around for this.
In your situation I would use CCC and manually copy over the EFI folder to the EFI partition of the cloned drive.

In your situation I would use CCC and manually copy over the EFI folder to the EFI partition of the cloned drive.
That's what I've been doing.....was hoping super duper could have saved me a step.

Acronis True Image 2020 is now $13 + taxes at Newegg now for 1PC/MAC.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is probably the best price you'll ever see for legit licenses (3).

12/11/19 Current best deal: 3 Acronis licenses for $10.55 each -- Use the Promo code for $20 off. EMCUVUT27

Once you get your licenses you've got three options. 1) Install it on a PC running Windows. 2) Install it on your Mac/Hack running El Capitan or newer. 3) Create the Windows PE rescue USB with Acronis and boot from that to make clones/backups of either your Windows PC or your Mac/Hack. The most complete backup and cloning software you can buy. Perfect for a hackintosh dual boot system. If it's easier to make clones of your system drive you'll be more likely to do that instead of putting it off.

IMPORTANT NOTE: All of the ATI 2020 licenses being sold on Ebay and elsewhere for 8 USD or less are being pirated and delivered to you via email with a "download" link. As you already know, it's a very bad idea to feed the pirates by giving them your money. Even if it's only $3.39. Go through Newegg or Amazon instead.

Here's one example:

Screen Shot 20.jpg

It's impossible to sell a genuine license for $3.39 ! (Unless the seller is losing money on the sale)

Screen Shot 21.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back