Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z77E-ITX
CPU
i5 3570K
Graphics
GTX 650
I have installed ML using Unibeast, and am trying to log in to the ML partition for the first time.
The furthest I got was using bootflags GraphicsEnabler=No -f -v

Now, I get the error ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - failed to locate SMC Driver
Is there any way to manually install Fake SMC driver from a different partition? (I have Lion installed on another partition), or from the Terminal utility in the Unibeast stick?

If so, where do I download the correct version of FakeSMC, and after placing it in SLE (presumably?) how can I fix its permissions?

Thanks in advance.

System: GA-H61M-S2V-B3, Sapphire 6670 1GB DDR5
BIOS: SATA-AHCI, HPET-64bit
Bootflags: GraphicsEnabler=No -f -v

failed to locate SMC driver.jpg

Thetrystero,

Try installing the FakeSMC with Multibeast. It's usually under Drivers & Bootloaders > Miscellaneous. :)

Thetrystero,

Try installing the FakeSMC with Multibeast. It's usually under Drivers & Bootloaders > Miscellaneous. :)

That's the thing. I can't even boot in to the ML partition much less open multi beast. Hence my asking how to install from the terminal from another partition

I figured it out myself

1. Boot into alternate partition and download kext from http://www.osx86.net/view/3004-fakesmc_r615_10.6_or_10.7-10.8.html (or download from another computer and put on thumb drive)
  2. copy FakeSMC.kext to SLE from another parition or terminal tools in Unibeast: sudo cp -r FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/Mountain\ Lion/System/Library/Extensions/
  3. boot with -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No
  4. VOILA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back