Contribute
Register

ACPI / Speedstepping on X79 - Core i7-3960x (10.12.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth X79
CPU
i7-3960
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Hi Folks

Hoping someone can help me out here. Have my previous golden build, same hardware and all now running with Sierra. Took a while getting used to Clover and all the changes since I last loaded OS X Lion some time ago. But I now have my head around it after about 60 installs now.

The system is running beautifully, sound is working and the Nvidia Twin FrozrII card and graphics too, thanks to this persons EFI and audio script which I found. USB 2.0 is working, LAN is working and some but not all USB 3.0 ports are working. So pretty much a 100% working system and I have hammered it with Prime 95 and it's solid.

The only thing evading me is getting Power Management and specifically SpeedStepping working. I have tried just about every solution out there which always inevitably ends up messing up the working install so I end up just reinstalling which really only takes about 15 minutes as I am running the Clover created by UniBeast off the SSD in it's own 16 Gb partition and not using a USB stick as I used to do. What's nice about this is I have a permanent 16GB partition on my SDD containing Clover and the OS X install files and therefore no more USB sticks and no need to run MultiBeast after my install, instead just using the new awesome Clover Configurator.app to make changes.

The only changes I made after install were from the link above, using his EFI, his audio script and the AGDPFix and then loading the Nvidia Web Drivers.

I have been through Shiloh's guide here but it's really only for 10.11 and below and it does not seem to work for 10.12 or I am truly missing something even though I have been through his guide about 15 times now o_O

I have tried Toleda's guide here, also been through it from top to bottom but still nada.

I have tried many other guide's on how to get this right with ssdtPRGen.sh but I just cannot seem to get power management working.

I have no modified or additional kexts except for the AGDPFix and the Audio script on the first link in this topic. Other than that every is stock standard and I would, as much as possible like to keep it that way.

I tried another site's method of modifying the DSDT and SSDT, and once again broke my install. I am still playing with it, but all of this takes time, and the frustration :banghead: is kicking in as I know I can get this working but I need help now. My eyes are now so tired of reading for the past few days and even though I have learned so much about fiddling and patching an SSDT or DSDT I still feel like I do not know what I am doing. I am not even sure the SSDT I am generating is being loaded, from what I have read simply dropping it into the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder .... am I correct or am I missing something??

Is there anyone out there that can assist me in getting this right as my CPU is stuck at 3.3 Ghz all the time and there is no speed stepping at all. I did overclock it yesterday to 4.2 Ghz and it ran like a beast but I still think if I can get speed stepping working properly it will allow it to idle at 1200 Mhz and then Turbo up to 4.2 Ghz when it's needed.

I will provide any files you ask for if you can help, I know my way around the system. I did already supply all my required files and screen grabs on Toleda's thread here but have not had a response to it yet.

Hope someone can assist me with this. I really want to get this riddle solved.

Thanks in Advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Folks

Hoping someone can help me out here. Have my previous golden build, same hardware and all now running with Sierra. Took a while getting used to Clover and all the changes since I last loaded OS X Lion some time ago. But I now have my head around it after about 60 installs now.

The system is running beautifully, sound is working and the Nvidia Twin FrozrII card and graphics too, thanks to this persons EFI and audio script which I found. USB 2.0 is working, LAN is working and some but not all USB 3.0 ports are working. So pretty much a 100% working system and I have hammered it with Prime 95 and it's solid.

The only thing evading me is getting Power Management and specifically SpeedStepping working. I have tried just about every solution out there which always inevitably ends up messing up the working install so I end up just reinstalling which really only takes about 15 minutes as I am running the Clover created by UniBeast off the SSD in it's own 16 Gb partition and not using a USB stick as I used to do. What's nice about this is I have a permanent 16GB partition on my SDD containing Clover and the OS X install files and therefore no more USB sticks and no need to run MultiBeast after my install, instead just using the new awesome Clover Configurator.app to make changes.

The only changes I made after install were from the link above, using his EFI, his audio script and the AGDPFix and then loading the Nvidia Web Drivers.

I have been through Shiloh's guide here but it's really only for 10.11 and below and it does not seem to work for 10.12 or I am truly missing something even though I have been through his guide about 15 times now o_O

I have tried Toleda's guide here, also been through it from top to bottom but still nada.

I have tried many other guide's on how to get this right with ssdtPRGen.sh but I just cannot seem to get power management working.

I have no modified or additional kexts except for the AGDPFix and the Audio script on the first link in this topic. Other than that every is stock standard and I would, as much as possible like to keep it that way.

I tried another site's method of modifying the DSDT and SSDT, and once again broke my install. I am still playing with it, but all of this takes time, and the frustration :banghead: is kicking in as I know I can get this working but I need help now. My eyes are now so tired of reading for the past few days and even though I have learned so much about fiddling and patching an SSDT or DSDT I still feel like I do not know what I am doing. I am not even sure the SSDT I am generating is being loaded, from what I have read simply dropping it into the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder .... am I correct or am I missing something??

Is there anyone out there that can assist me in getting this right as my CPU is stuck at 3.3 Ghz all the time and there is no speed stepping at all. I did overclock it yesterday to 4.2 Ghz and it ran like a beast but I still think if I can get speed stepping working properly it will allow it to idle at 1200 Mhz and then Turbo up to 4.2 Ghz when it's needed.

I will provide any files you ask for if you can help, I know my way around the system. I did already supply all my required files and screen grabs on Toleda's thread here but have not had a response to it yet.

Hope someone can assist me with this. I really want to get this riddle solved.

Thanks in Advance
This is one of the only posts that I have found specifically for X79 and Sierra....thank you...it is an encouragement....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back