Contribute
Register

ACPI Kernel Panic on Boot After Clover Update from Yosemite

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is zip of EFI folder ... sans Themes and Apple directory (doesn't look like that changed and was big directory)

It looks like there is a New Patched ACPI entry ... might be the cause?

You have patches you don't need. You don't have EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11. need to take patches from Config.plist also need to put kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11 No FakeSMC.kext no boot. Be sure that you remove Evoreboot from S/L/E or you will have kernel panics in 10.11.

Ok...On it!

have no idea why the kexts are not there...I put them in "other" per advice from another thread

MANY THANKS!!... for taking the time to look at this...will report back with results

(other folder) is in EFI/Clover/kexts/other. You can put them in both doesn't matter. Be sure that you create a folder called (kexts) EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11. Be sure that Evoreboot.kext & NullCPUPowermanagement.kext is removed from S/L/E
list of what needs to be deleted from S/L/E if you have any of these delete them.

/System/Library/Extensions/AHCI_3rdParty_eSATA.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/ALXEthernet.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIGB.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelE1000e.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/AtherosE2200Ethernet
/System/Library/Extensions/AtherosL1cEthernet.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/EvOreboot.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/GenericUSBXHCI.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/RealtekRTL8111.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/RealtekRTL81xx.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/VoodooHDA.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/VoodooPS2Controller.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/VoodooTSCSync.kext

@jbamford,

Brother! Can't thank you enough for putting me back on the right path. Did as you said, cleaned up the mess, took out the extra entries, re-ran a clean multi-beast config and no more ACPI KP and booting perfectly main boot disk without usb key drive. ... SWEET!

I don't have audio yet ... that's todays mission.

Thanks again!
Cheers mate!

@jbamford,

Brother! Can't thank you enough for putting me back on the right path. Did as you said, cleaned up the mess, took out the extra entries, re-ran a clean multi-beast config and no more ACPI KP and booting perfectly main boot disk without usb key drive. ... SWEET!

I don't have audio yet ... that's todays mission.

Thanks again!
Cheers mate!

Glad it's sorted :thumbup: Just remember to remove kexts from S/L/E when you update to the next version of OS X in the near future. You shouldn't have no problems them.

Not sure if this will help anyone in the future, but I finally turned off all the stuff under DSDT, so that my flag is something like '00000000000' and my system boots fine now

Glad it's sorted :thumbup: Just remember to remove kexts from S/L/E when you update to the next version of OS X in the near future. You shouldn't have no problems them.
You fixed it! I had the same issue. Thank you!

....ok... but now the next problem: My USB Keyboard and Mouse are not working anymore. In Clover they work fine, but once I get to the Log In screen (OS X Sierra), I can't type in my password or move mouse.

When I boot to my backup drive with Yosemite, no problems. (I'm writing this on my mackintosh, booted via Clover into my backup drive). But if I boot up with my newly installed Sierra - no mouse, no keyboard. Tried all ports. I tried USBBusFix=Yes, didn't work. Tried boot options with USB Injection, nothing.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back