AMD 5700XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

Rebuilding my wife's machine to use an i3 8100. Made a 9.1 UniBeast stick just in case. Set the BIOS variables to what I believe to be correct (AHCI SATA mode, VT-D off, CSM attempted both on and off).

Her old install was using the bone stock config + SMBIOS + audio and ethernet kexts. That's it. Very similar to USB stick.

When I attempt to boot in verbose mode, it gets hung up on the error in the thread title (see attached JPG).

However, when I boot with the UniBeast USB, it boots right into MacOS with zero issues.

So I reinstalled Clover with the standalone clover build and put the config back in with just SMBIOS edits from UniBeast. Still same issue.

Any thoughts?

AsRock Z370 Pro4
i3 8100
16GB RAM (2x8GB)
AMD 570 8gb

Attachments

• IMG_0886.jpeg
    IMG_0886.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 217
However, when I boot with the UniBeast USB, it boots right into MacOS with zero issues.
Boot from the USB.
When you get to the desktop download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your HDD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your HDD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your HDD.
Restart

You should now be able to boot from your HDD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.

Bah, will cause a SMBIOS mismatch and be hell on iCloud, but hey, working is working.
Disconnect from the network while you do it then change the new SMBIOS info to match the old.

Disconnect from the network while you do it then change the new SMBIOS info to match the old.

Done. Found the difference. My old config was set to 0x3EF verse the stock 0x3... not sure why that would have thrown this error, but I'm back up and running.

Thank you much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back