Contribute
Register

Achieving Native Resolution on Startup: Edit your VESA Tables (AMD/Nvidia)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shall be doing this to my GTX 550 Ti, great guide! I remember reading something similar a while ago for AMD cards but there wasn't anything available at the time for nVidia. Cheers!

I shall be doing this to my GTX 550 Ti, great guide! I remember reading something similar a while ago for AMD cards but there wasn't anything available at the time for nVidia. Cheers!

If you manage to get this done please report here.I had no success with my 560 Ti.

Oh my, I'm sorry everyone that I haven't read the thread in a very long while! I thought that it was ignored... Anyone needing help please PM me or post here, I'll happily walk you through it!

First of all thank you for this great tutorial!
I did everything step by step and managed to flash my vbios and edited the lines in the plist files as well.
But for some reason my chameleon/bootscreen is still doing some sort if underscan? The icons are not stretched anymore and if I check under ?video I have my 1920x1080x32 VESA resolution.
My spec is similar to yours with my ASUS 6870. I was just wondering if you had faced the same issue. My monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster BX2450L and I am connected via HDMI.

Thank you in advance

I know this is a bit late but usually the underscan has to do with the HDMI signal coming from the graphics card. Its the reason that you have to adjust the scanning on a LCD TV when you hook up your PC to it via HDMI, the cards put out horrible signals for some unknown reason. Ask Nvidia and AMD about why they do that, cuz I have no clue

I did the whole thing, and set the resolution to 1366x768. But the apple logo is now not centred. It's a bit (~5cm) to the right of the centre. And so is the spinner. I read somewhere that the resolution should end with a 0, 4 or 8, and so tried 1360x768. Same result. Can't figure out what's wrong.

Because nothing has been done as far as VESA patches for a very long time, people would cheat by 'fixing' the Chameleon themes for widescreen by doing a horizontal stretch. The theme.plist contains keys for the X and Y positions of all the icons on the screen, maybe you can try by adjusting the percentage strings on those. I do know that the tonymac themes handle quite nicely on this.

First of all: Tank you for this great tutorial!

(and... sorry my terrible english... i'm Brazilian D: )

But I have faced a simple problem that prevents me from getting the solution you presented ...
I followed all steps you wrote except I can not find the value in the HEX file. ROM. Already converted to HEX and Flip the value but can not find anything! Forgive me if this sounds stupid, but you can help me find the value? It's 1280x1024 or any other value that I can replace with 1920x1080. I am very grateful for your help man, is difficult to find tutorials of this type.

link for the .ROM file https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82430799/NVIDIABA.ROM

anyway, thanks!

Hi guys

Just wondering if you could give me a hand with my graphics card,
Im trying to setup the 1920x1080 vesa mode for my graphics card but ive reached a problem,
Im onto the hex editing section but I cant seem to find any corresponding hex values for the resolutions which I currently have,
eg. Im trying to change the 640x400x32 resolution but cant find hex value for 80 02 90 01,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ajmaop6udifhi9r/GPUFLASH.ROM
thats the link to my un edited ROM, if you could take a look or point out something im doing wrong that would be great,

Many Thanks
Hobun

I have been trying to follow your guide with a GTX 560 ti 1024MB. But, as some others have noted, I am unable to find the hex value for the resolution I wish to replace in the .ROM I extracted from my card.

Trying to replace:
640x400=
Code:
[FONT=Helvetica]80 02 90 01[/FONT]

With:
2560x1080=
Code:
[FONT=Helvetica]00 0A 38 0[/FONT]

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ck2fuox84otgeld/EXTRACTSTOCKRES.ROM?dl=0

Thank you,

no matter what i search for: 640, 1280, 1920 i find the width but the height is completly missing, not before, not after in the codeline there is anything that would make sense. 0061, 077F, 0BE0 are values that stand next to 1920 for example. 8007 (so 1920) is there 3 times.

its a Evga Geforce GTX 770 OC

i'm trying to achieve 1920x1080
i out my rom in the attachment

(i can't send pm's yet oliver)

Attachments

• GK1XX.zip
    122.4 KB · Views: 74
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back