Contribute
Register

Acer V5 573P 9899 Mavericks Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Setting a color profile removed the distortion in menus except the apple logo stays distorted. Slide=0 kernel flag did not work.

If by 'apple logo' you mean the one that appears while booting? If so, to be expected with certain machines.

How can I get 10.9.1 or 10.9.2 graphics kexts. I only have 10.9.4 and also which kexts I need to replace?

Extract them from the updates available at apple.com.

Wifi and BT cards did not work. Finally took the plunge and bought BCM94352 HMB from Amazon.

Patched IO80211Family.kext and IOBluetoothFamily.kext as per toledo's procedure described here:[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2. Can confirm Wifi working and its extremely fast compared to my DLink DWA-131 dongle. BT seems to work but have not tested yet. (Wifi worked in windows 8.1 without need for driver download. BT, again not tested yet).

The auto patcher listed in guide for wifi did not work. DSDT patch listed there is only for A M I UEFI Bioses. This laptop has Arcsys, although applying the DSDT patch lists the card in PCI cards list (but card only works with patched IO80211Family.kext).

Audio, installed a voodoo kext that enabled it. Not sure now which version was it though. Some day, will patch DSDT for it.

Only left items are SD Card and Touchscreen. (And wake from sleep). I am sure sooner or later kexts will be available for Touchscreen. Wake from sleep will work too, just needs little time and research. Post 2 by RMan contains links to power management instructions. SD card may be something that may get left unusable in OS X.

Another thing, I had a Lenovo U510 that had wifi card white list and no vendor version of BIOS. So glad Acer does not have whitelist control. Slowly but surely, this notebook is turning into a mac book. Really like OS X and if I am ever in a position to afford pricier laptops, I will be a buying a Mac Book Pro, though I am enjoying the challenge running OS X on a Windows Laptop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back