Acer V5 573P 9899
CPU
i7 4500U Haswell ULT
Graphics
HD4400 1920x1080 Clover EFI Bootloader
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Added 128 GB mSata

Prepared BIOS by adding Supervisor Password, disabling Secure Boot and enabling Legacy Boot

On another MAC, downloaded Mavericks 10.9.4 from App Store, Unibeast 4.0 and Multibeast Mavericks 6.3.1 from tonymacx86 (Thanks Tonymac and the very supportive community)

Created Mavericks Installer following the guide Step 2 (1 through 18)

Address Haswell Early Reboot Issues by following Post 1 in "Haswell early reboot, Mavericks, locked MSRs, and HP Envy 15-J063CL (i7-4700MQ)" (Thanks Rehabman).

Installed Mavericks on my Acer V5 573P (Again, follow steps in post 1 of Haswell early reboot thread)
(Have a USB Keyboard and Mouse attached as Laptops Keyboard and trackpad do not work despite selecting laptop support in Unibeast)

Installed Chimera and voodoo PS 2 kexts through Multibeast

Dragged/Dropped Extras folder from Installer USB to the Mavericks Root

What works:
1. USB2/USB3 ports
2. Trackpad
3. Camera
4. Display (1080p) at about half brightness (Edit: Brightness at full now using Rehabmans DSDT and SSDT patches ... see post #11)
5. Graphic (HD4400) with full acceleration
6. Ethernet Card (Probably, shows up but haven't tested it)
7. Bluetooth (Seems functional but have not detected my BT mouse or any other device so far)
8. Restart
9. Power management

What doesn't work:
1. Card Reader
2. Wifi (Probably won't ever work either)
3. Sound
4. Touchscreen
5. Power management (Working now following post #2 below), Shut Down, Sleep
6. Speedstep

Added DWA-131 Eternal USB wifi. Installed drivers and voila, online.

Will try to fix brightness by modifying DSDT (lots of info available in forums)
Will try to fix sound same way

(Total Time, days of reading forums + a few hours preparation of USB and Installation)

Not a good idea for long term use...

Better to implement power management: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-haswell-laptops.html

Handle other drivers on case-by-case basis...

Tried suggestion as follows and am stuck:
Setting smbios to macbook air, 6.2 haswell, through chameleon wizard, rebooted without issues,
Used probook installer for ssdt generation, and also used the trim support
chameleon wizard to set dropssdt=yes,
system got stuck at waiting for dsmos and refuses to boot, tried DropSSDT=No, no go. only way to boot now is with -x flag but wifi app (DWA131) wont load. used chameleon wizard to uncheck dropssdt, still no go without -x flag. baffled and out of ideas. please help. PS I do have time machine backup as last resort.

Tried suggestion as follows and am stuck:
Setting smbios to macbook air, 6.2 haswell, through chameleon wizard, rebooted without issues,
Used probook installer for ssdt generation, and also used the trim support
chameleon wizard to set dropssdt=yes,
system got stuck at waiting for dsmos and refuses to boot, tried DropSSDT=No, no go. only way to boot now is with -x flag but wifi app (DWA131) wont load. used chameleon wizard to uncheck dropssdt, still no go without -x flag. baffled and out of ideas. please help. PS I do have time machine backup as last resort.

Stuck on "Waiting for DSMOS" implies you forgot to install FakeSMC.

Stuck on "Waiting for DSMOS" implies you forgot to install FakeSMC.

Thanks Rehabman. Apparently cache issue. used multibeast to install fakesmc and plugin and hw monitor, set dropssdt back to yes and restarted. System booted without ps2 (trackpad and keyboard not working). booted with -f, repaired permissions and responding to post. Will know if i have to continue to boot with -f or not later. seems pm working now (from hw monitor readings, package multiplier at x8, sometimes jumping to x18).

-f flag not needed after updating VoodooPS2Controller Kext from New VoodooPS2Controller Keyboard Trackpad Clickpad Support pages. Though some issues I noticed:
1. Two finger click works most of the time for right click but fails occassionally
2. Drag Lock is always on despite checking/unchecking in the preferences pane
3. Tracking at fastest speed just ok, wished it could be faster on a FHD screen resolution (This may be my personal preference and YMMV).

Thanks a bunch again.

Next stop Backlight. (i dread dsdt, never was able to successfully compile but one for my main hackintosh machine, the old Gigabyte D3H H77to fix hdmi sound).

It takes patience and time to understand it.

Cheers :)

It takes patience and time to understand it.

Cheers :)

Thanks. Any ideas on how to resolve these two errors:

Screen Shot 2014-07-10 at 1.56.39 AM.png

Using MaciASL latest version

Didn't realize pasting images in the browser doesn't work and i needed to upload first.

Also, Trim Patches from Probook installer or Multibeast failed to enable trim. Chameleon SSD wizard failed to enable trim on my Samsung eSata drive.

1. Two finger click works most of the time for right click but fails occassionally

You have to train yourself a bit...

2. Drag Lock is always on despite checking/unchecking in the preferences pane

No it isn't. There is an automatic "drag lock" active for one second. It works exactly like a real Mac. If "drag lock" is set, then there is no 1-second timeout and it is permanent until the next tap.

3. Tracking at fastest speed just ok, wished it could be faster on a FHD screen resolution (This may be my personal preference and YMMV).

There are settings in Info.plist you can play with...

You have to train yourself a bit...
Trying to familiarize myself.

No it isn't. There is an automatic "drag lock" active for one second. It works exactly like a real Mac. If "drag lock" is set, then there is no 1-second timeout and it is permanent until the next tap.
I had no idea. Tested and that is correct, drag lock is released after a second.

There are settings in Info.plist you can play with...
I will give it a shot.

Thanks Rehabman. Good info.

1. Simple attempts to get the audio working failed (Downloading prebuilt kexts for Realtek ALC282 or voodooHDA 2.8.4 from multibeast). Looking for any non DSDT fix).

2. Looking at Extensions, it seems IOBluetoothHIDDriver is not being loaded, thus causing BT to not see the BT Mouse. Not sure if I can fix that either so scratch the BT working comment.:sick:

3. LCD Backlight set too low is really bothering. Still looking into resolving some DSDT compile errors that appear after applying the fix. Unable to spend too much time due to family issues, progress seemed to be at a dead stop. Will update when i have something completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back