Contribute
Register

Acer Swift 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone has a step by step guide for a beginner?
I was interested in this acer ol the Xiaomi MI Air :)

Someone has a step by step guide for a beginner?
I was interested in this acer ol the Xiaomi MI Air :)

Hi giova86,

No again step guide for instant, because some problems with DSDT file. And as I beginner with ACPI language it's long. But, Mac OS X Sierra and El Capitan are functional. You can follow step guide for create a USB key and copy my EFI config above.

Hi,

New, acer has released a firmware update in version 1.07 of 2016/12/20. Linux version 64b is works. I tested Gentoo (PartedMagic) and Xubuntu 16.10, it's good. It remains Suze or Red hat to test.

I am considering buying the 15" version of this with Intel HD 620 shared graphics, SF315-51 NX.GQ5EV.001.

Two questions I have:
1. Does anyone have that version running as a h'tosh, and if so, what's NOT working (apart from WiFi)?
2. There are contradicting statements on websites re. if there are 15" versions with anti-glare (matte/ non-glossy) display, so I would like to ask this hardware relevant question here, too, if your Swift 3 15" has a non-reflective or a glossy finish.

Thank you

Mine is 15" and mate :)

And I didn't installed Mac Or yet as the SD card reader is a big deal for me :/

Great, mercie Riton81. I also see yours is equipped with the on-board Intel HD Graphics 520. Can you share the link to the shop webpage where you bought your model? I live close to France.

Oh, and are you happy with the fan? TO you is it silent, normal, or loud?

I bought it directly from the Acer store (Fr). There was a promotion back then.

For me the fan is not a problem. I noticed it at the beginning because I gave attention to it (I knew some were having an issue) but now I don't. I don't do gaming and heavy work on it however.

The only thing that disappointed me is the touchpad click. A bit too strong :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back