Contribute
Register

Acer Swift 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You previously indicated your M.2 SSD is SATA. Hence the suggestion: 100-series-unsupported.kext.

Yes, sorry. c'est bon. in French in text. :thumbup:

Ok, I see the M2, thanks.

Good to see most of the hardware seems to work except the wi-fi.. which looks like i can change to something far more compatable, so i can get that working and bluetooth.

Hey stephane how are you getting on with the trackpad and keyboard? is it working as it should after rehabmans pointers? is there anything else that is not working? Im hoping to pick this machine up soon on vacation so be good to know I'm not making a bad choice.

Good to see most of the hardware seems to work except the wi-fi.. which looks like i can change to something far more compatable, so i can get that working and bluetooth.

Hey stephane how are you getting on with the trackpad and keyboard? is it working as it should after rehabmans pointers? is there anything else that is not working? Im hoping to pick this machine up soon on vacation so be good to know I'm not making a bad choice.

Hello,

build for usb key for Sierra
Learning about Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Directory EFI here

So what currently works :
  1. SSD : SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext Included in the kext directory of Clover
  2. keyboard patch ready :thumbup: : RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller
  3. Pad
  4. GPU : 0x19160000 Supported natively with the addition of GPU IDs in the config file.
    1. glitch fix for Skylake HD Graphics(Update)
  5. USB (all)
  6. BT : native
  7. Sound : VoodooHDA
  8. State battery : RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver
What does not works :
  1. Sd card : How To Make a Generic Driver For Any Card Reader
  2. Wifi
  3. Touchpad ELAN 0501
It seems necessary to build a dsdt.aml file... and I have few problem for this, I discovery this language, so please wait

thanks.

Last edited:
Hi stephane any chance you can run DCPIManager to get a listing of the hardware, as it will tell you the audio codec, most of the ALC codecs can be made to work using appleHDA and some ACPI patching. and also help out myself by letting me know if this machine can be made to work 100% with a change of wireless card being all that is required. If it can't i will have top do further research on a model of laptop that can be made to work, and is currently available to buy new. if not ill just opt for a acer switch alpha 12 and stick to windows 10.. it has a far higher res screen for around the same money.

Hi stephane any chance you can run DCPIManager to get a listing of the hardware, as it will tell you the audio codec, most of the ALC codecs can be made to work using appleHDA and some ACPI patching. and also help out myself by letting me know if this machine can be made to work 100% with a change of wireless card being all that is required. If it can't i will have top do further research on a model of laptop that can be made to work, and is currently available to buy new. if not ill just opt for a acer switch alpha 12 and stick to windows 10.. it has a far higher res screen for around the same money.

Hello Cerberus73

No problem. I put two screenshots of DPCIManager. Capture d’écran 2016-11-21 à 21.30.15.pngCapture d’écran 2016-11-21 à 21.31.08.png

Thanks stephane, looks like it uses the ALC255 realtek codec, which is supported via patching appleHDA. so at least i know i can get audio working on this machine, only issue seems to be the wireless card which is not supported so will have to be swapped out with a known working broadcom card or suchlike.

Replace with compatible WiFi/BT.

Hello RehabMan, Ok thank you. I look this...

Bon, I ordered BCM94350ZAE on eBay. Normally arrive 28th november... I will feedback as soon I can do...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back