HD3000, 1366x768
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I've installed Yosemite on my Acer S3 i7 and it works fine but sometimes the graphics will glitch-out and the laptop will freeze but I'm able to still move the cursor about. Sometimes it just freezes without the Graphics problem.

i've attached a screenshot.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks
hackintoshglitch.jpg

Hi,

I've installed Yosemite on my Acer S3 i7 and it works fine but sometimes the graphics will glitch-out and the laptop will freeze but I'm able to still move the cursor about. Sometimes it just freezes without the Graphics problem.

i've attached a screenshot.

Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks
View attachment 177134

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

--

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Sorry for the delayed reply, I've been away...

Please find the zip file attached. Please let me know if I've missed anything or got anything wrong.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks

Attachments

• Acer S3-951-2634G25nss.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 76
Sorry for the delayed reply, I've been away...

Please find the zip file attached. Please let me know if I've missed anything or got anything wrong.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks

You are not injecting AAPL,snb-platform-id.

It can be done in config.plist or with ACPI patches.

See guide for valid config.plist: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

For ACPI: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

That seems to have done the trick, Thanks!

I'm also having trouble enabling the audio. It uses ALC269 and I've tried installing various kexts and various injections in config.plist but no luck.

Would you be able to help me from the system info i uploaded or would it be worth starting anew thread?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back