CPU
i5-8300H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630 / GTX 1050 Ti - 1920x1080
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello everyone. I'm really glad to have found this wonderful community and environment. I recently installed Sierra on my Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-53-55G9), and ran into the wireless issue: no compatible wireless card (Intel AC-9560), and thus, bought a DW1820a which arrived today. I installed it right away and ran into some issues. Now, I know I have to do kext + DSDT workarounds, but my real issue is the functionality. I was hoping that it'd work with Windows as well, but it didn't (BT doesn't work). I googled and installed a lot of drivers to no avail.

I've been researching components + guides (like the one @toleda posted) ever since I installed Sierra, and overall, my concern (or complain lol) is that I don't know what else to do or what card to buy.

Please bear and thank you in advance for putting up with me. Still learning the ropes.

EDIT: Ok, I did some further digging and realized the guide says BCM94350ZAE, but instead ordered a "different" DW1820a, which reads in the back "BCM94356Z", so I just placed the order to return it and get the right one. Wish me luck.

EDIT 2: Geez, I need to read more; just found I probably have to tape pins 54 & 56 to make the card properly work. Now let's test it out.

Solved: Damn those two pins. I should've known better :lol: DW1820 caused me a lot of troubles so I just bought the 1830 and an MHF4 antenna. Should be arriving soon.

Attachments

Last edited: