Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock b450m Hdv R4.0
CPU
ryzen 5 2600
Graphics
rx5500xt
I have an Acer Nitro 5 that i am looking to turn into a hackintosh. I am going to upgrade to SSD (Not nvme Sata)

these are the specs

rx560x ryzen5 2500u 1tb hdd and 8gb ram

if this goes wrong, can i just reinstall windows?

thanks

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KGC7DYP/?tag=tonymacx86-21

I have an Acer Nitro 5 that i am looking to turn into a hackintosh. I am going to upgrade to SSD (Not nvme Sata)

these are the specs

rx560x ryzen5 2500u 1tb hdd and 8gb ram

if this goes wrong, can i just reinstall windows?

thanks

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KGC7DYP/?tag=tonymacx86-21
Hi there.

If you are not sure at this point how to go forward, why not completely remove the Windows HDD as it is and keep it to one side? That way if you change your mind about the Hackintosh you can just put the HDD back and be good to go.

If you wipe the HDD then this is not an option and you may have to buy Windows again if you don't have a restore DVD.

Hi there.

If you are not sure at this point how to go forward, why not completely remove the Windows HDD as it is and keep it to one side? That way if you change your mind about the Hackintosh you can just put the HDD back and be good to go.

If you wipe the HDD then this is not an option and you may have to buy Windows again if you don't have a restore DVD.
also one could download windows 10 from microsoft and use rufus to create a windows installer, the product key is stored in bios on most new laptops so that won't be an issue in re installing

also one could download windows 10 from microsoft and use rufus to create a windows installer, the product key is stored in bios on most new laptops so that won't be an issue in re installing

Didn't know that about the key being held in BiOS. Good call. Thanks for the info :thumbup: .

Didn't know that about the key being held in BiOS. Good call. Thanks for the info :thumbup: .
well, it is more of an identifier, a hardware signature of the components and it checks that when a user would need to reinstall and then re activate windows :)

well, it is more of an identifier, a hardware signature of the components and it checks that when a user would need to reinstall and then re activate windows :)

Logical. My daughter's new laptop doesn't have the old serial-key sticker underneath like they used to. :thumbup:

Logical. My daughter's new laptop doesn't have the old serial-key sticker underneath like they used to. :thumbup:
yes, the worst place they could ever store those stickers when they used to fade away and then trying to work it out when doing a re install! :)

No M1 MBA for her ?

Shhhh! Don't tell her they make one! :lol:

Actually it's a Lenovo because school uses them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back