Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I give up, can't put the Aecr on my signature
it goes here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/account-details

Screenshot 2021-11-02 212027.jpg

it is free form text.....

Hi Chemari,

You could have a look at my Coffee Lake build made for my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 ready to boot using Catalina to Monterey. You will need to make some adjustments to accommodate the Comet Lake chip, such as change the iGPU's AAPL,ig-platform-id and device-id to Comet Lake UHD 630. The EFI uses Opencore 0.6.6. As far as I know everything works in my build for Big Sur but may have issues running Monterey ie. Bluetooth may not work.

However I must add, I did see you have made some errors in your current posted config. Your AppleALC setting is incorrect - choose only AppleALC or AppleALCU but not both otherwise it will conflict (just disable the one you don't need). Also as your Nvidia GTX1660 is not supported you must turn it off using -wegnoegpu in the NVRAM boot-args. You'll need to add this to the EFI. 

You will also have to consider using the VoodooI2C and VoodooPS2Controller kexts if you want to enable the keyboard and trackpad and also SSDT-PNLF.aml for enabling the laptop backlight. Luckily these have already been enabled in my EFI.

You will need to make some adjustments to accommodate the Comet Lake chip, such as change the iGPU's AAPL,ig-platform-id and device-id to Comet Lake UHD 630. The EFI uses Opencore 0.6.6. As far as I know everything works in my build for Big Sur but may have issues running Monterey ie. Bluetooth may not work.

However I must add, I did see you have made some errors in your current posted config. Your AppleALC setting is incorrect - choose only AppleALC or AppleALCU but not both otherwise it will conflict (just disable the one you don't need). Also as your Nvidia GTX1660 is not supported you must turn it off using -wegnoegpu in the NVRAM boot-args. I have added this to the EFI.

You will also have to consider using the VoodooI2C and VoodooPS2Controller kexts if you want to enable the keyboard and trackpad and also SSDT-PNLF.aml for enabling the laptop backlight. Catalina for example also requires Emulate CPUID to be set for the Comet Lake CPU to function (as it is not supported in macOS until Catalina 10.15.4 as MacbookPro16,2).

Attachments

• EFI for Catalina Big Sur Monterey.zip
    43.7 MB · Views: 62
Hi Chemari,

You could have a look at my Coffee Lake build made for my Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 ready to boot using Catalina to Monterey. You will need to make some adjustments to accommodate the Comet Lake chip, such as change the iGPU's AAPL,ig-platform-id and device-id to Comet Lake UHD 630. The EFI uses Opencore 0.6.6. As far as I know everything works in my build for Big Sur but may have issues running Monterey ie. Bluetooth may not work.

However I must add, I did see you have made some errors in your current posted config. Your AppleALC setting is incorrect - choose only AppleALC or AppleALCU but not both otherwise it will conflict (just disable the one you don't need). Also as your Nvidia GTX1660 is not supported you must turn it off using -wegnoegpu in the NVRAM boot-args. You'll need to add this to the EFI. 

You will also have to consider using the VoodooI2C and VoodooPS2Controller kexts if you want to enable the keyboard and trackpad and also SSDT-PNLF.aml for enabling the laptop backlight. Luckily these have already been enabled in my EFI.

You will need to make some adjustments to accommodate the Comet Lake chip, such as change the iGPU's AAPL,ig-platform-id and device-id to Comet Lake UHD 630. The EFI uses Opencore 0.6.6. As far as I know everything works in my build for Big Sur but may have issues running Monterey ie. Bluetooth may not work.

However I must add, I did see you have made some errors in your current posted config. Your AppleALC setting is incorrect - choose only AppleALC or AppleALCU but not both otherwise it will conflict (just disable the one you don't need). Also as your Nvidia GTX1660 is not supported you must turn it off using -wegnoegpu in the NVRAM boot-args. I have added this to the EFI.

You will also have to consider using the VoodooI2C and VoodooPS2Controller kexts if you want to enable the keyboard and trackpad and also SSDT-PNLF.aml for enabling the laptop backlight. Catalina for example also requires Emulate CPUID to be set for the Comet Lake CPU to function (as it is not supported in macOS until Catalina 10.15.4 as MacbookPro16,2).
Middleman, thanks for sharing your EFI, I'll try it during the weekend.

Feartech
I've managed to start the installation process, I get to the apple logo, when the progress bar is about 30% I get the forbiden sing.
I'using the EFI folder from
I've used GenSMBIOS to generate new platform data.
The OS is Big Sur obtained on october 30.
I'm attaching my EFI folder with the platform info deleted.
I've changed the date on the Laptop so is minus one year.
Any thoughts?
Thank you

Attachments

• EFI Nitro5.zip
    25.5 MB · Views: 55
Up and running Big Sur 11.6 (20G165)
Changed the Intel WiFi/Blue tooth for generic Broadcom 94360GN
Working
Airport
Wifi
Touchpad
Keyboard
Camara
Microphone
Sleep
Wakeup
Blue Tooth
Volume Keys
Brightness keys

To do
Audio ID, I have audio on the speakers, not in headphones
Create an USB.kext

Not tested
Sidecar

Not working
No idea

Attachments

• Captura de Pantalla 2021-12-23 a la(s) 14.38.38.png
    Captura de Pantalla 2021-12-23 a la(s) 14.38.38.png
    101.7 KB · Views: 37
Up and running Big Sur 11.6 (20G165)
Changed the Intel WiFi/Blue tooth for generic Broadcom 94360GN
Working
Airport
Wifi
Touchpad
Keyboard
Camara
Microphone
Sleep
Wakeup
Blue Tooth
Volume Keys
Brightness keys

To do
Audio ID, I have audio on the speakers, not in headphones
Create an USB.kext

Not tested
Sidecar

Not working
No idea
best to use Catalina to setup your usb ports as XhciPortLimit quirk is broken in Big Sur onwards

also, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

your graphics should be listed as your intel graphics seeing as your nvidia is not supported

Video corrected.
As this is a Laptop it has few USB ports. I´ve already checked the ports with Hackintool it seems that all ports appear, just haven´t got the time to do the kext

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back