Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire V5-573P-9899 El Capitan Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
I changed my HDD with a OCZ-TRION150 SSD. Have gotten pretty accustomed to re-installing El Capitan :). The issue I keep having is with USB Devices on internal Bus. For now I have dual boot with Mavericks where almost everything works flawlessly. Attached are ioregs from Mavericks and El Capitan. One note though, the internal bus is USB 2 though showing USB 3. External USB ports are on USB 3 bus with only one port that is USB3 SuperSpeed.

I have tried renaming EHCx to EH0x and using FakePCIID_XHCIMux, in the guide linked below.

None of these methods worked. Actually using FakePCIID_XHCIMux disabled the external USB ports as well (might be because FakePCIID_XHCIMux redirects XHC ports to EH0x handlers). Will try injecting the ports with USBInjectAll.kext to see if it helps.

I changed my HDD with a OCZ-TRION150 SSD. Have gotten pretty accustomed to re-installing El Capitan :). The issue I keep having is with USB Devices on internal Bus. For now I have dual boot with Mavericks where almost everything works flawlessly. Attached are ioregs from Mavericks and El Capitan. One note though, the internal bus is USB 2 though showing USB 3. External USB ports are on USB 3 bus with only one port that is USB3 SuperSpeed.

I have tried renaming EHCx to EH0x and using FakePCIID_XHCIMux, in the guide linked below.

None of these methods worked. Actually using FakePCIID_XHCIMux disabled the external USB ports as well (might be because FakePCIID_XHCIMux redirects XHC ports to EH0x handlers). Will try injecting the ports with USBInjectAll.kext to see if it helps.

Comments:
- MacBookPro11,5 probably not appropriate for an integrated graphics equipped hack
- CPU/IGPU power management is not implemented
- you should expect to use USBInjectAll.kext with a custom SSDT to configure it (I haven't seen a laptop that doesn't benefit)
- not sure what you mean by "issue... with USB Devices on internal Bus"

Comments:
- MacBookPro11,5 probably not appropriate for an integrated graphics equipped hack
- CPU/IGPU power management is not implemented
- you should expect to use USBInjectAll.kext with a custom SSDT to configure it (I haven't seen a laptop that doesn't benefit)
- not sure what you mean by "issue... with USB Devices on internal Bus"

I was experimenting with MacBookPro versions, reverted back to MacBookPro11,1.
Using the USBInjectAll installed, I see no difference.
Internal bus i was referring to where USB devices like Camera/BT etc are connected.
There are many SSDTs in your post, can you please guide me the correct one to use (or modify)?

Last edited:
It seems ports are detected on the XHC with or without USBInjectAll.kext. El Capitan is just not detecting the devices attached to @14300000, @14400000 and @14600000 (web cam, BT, Touchscreen respectively).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back