Motherboard
Acer V5 573P 9899
CPU
i7 4500U Haswell ULT
Graphics
HD4400 1920x1080 Clover EFI Bootloader
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I had a working install of Mavericks on my laptop using UniBeast. This meant that I had DSDT and SSDTs modified already to enable my hardware. I wanted to try out El Capitan and most importantly, to have Clover UEFI.

Step 1. Followed this Guide by RehabMan (Thanks a bunch RehabMan for the great work):

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

Step2. Added my previously edited DSDTs to EFI\Clover\ACPI\patched directory.

I got a Garbled screen first time booting from USB. Changing ig-platform-id to "0x01620005" resolved my issue. I backed up RehabMan's Config.plist for later use.

Step 2. Install. Took 30 minutes from when progress indicator said 1s left. Started the logger to see progress, lots of Fonts related failures and errors but finally laptop restarted. Then after second round that lasted 10 minutes or so, it restarted again.
Step 3. Start El Capitan. Worked but without QE/CI.
Step 4. Downloaded FakePCIID from links in the guide and copied to EFI\Clover\kexts\Other. Added kexts for Graphics and BCM
Step 5. Restored RehabMans Config.plist
Step 6. Rebooted and Graphics work with full acceleration, half brightness.
Step 7. Brightness Fix using this thread:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-new-brightness-kext-intelbacklight-kext.html

At this time, no BT, no Camera. Both needed and both were working in Mavericks. Hackintosh build continues.

Been trying to install Clover to HDD without success. Not much info available on the net. Maybe something to do with the combination of drives i have. I can mount EFI folder but whenever I try to install clover to the HDD, it says it failed after going through all the motions. If I don't have EFI mounted, Clover does not mount it. On mounted EFI partition, I still get the error. Copying files from USB does nothing as the partition is not marked bootable.

Been trying to install Clover to HDD without success. Not much info available on the net. Maybe something to do with the combination of drives i have. I can mount EFI folder but whenever I try to install clover to the HDD, it says it failed after going through all the motions. If I don't have EFI mounted, Clover does not mount it. On mounted EFI partition, I still get the error. Copying files from USB does nothing as the partition is not marked bootable.

It is covered in the Clover guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

RehabMan, Clover fails to install. I wanted to revert back to Mavericks to take a breather so in El Capitan, I partitioned a USB (GPT) using Disk Utility and tried to install clover on it. Clover failed to install on the USB as well. So i just created Mavericks USB and played with install using my clover from the earlier El Capitan. Here is what i found interesting. Please note that I have a Samsung 128GB mSata SSD card that shows up as Disk 1 and used for windows while a Toshiba 750GB HDD drive that is Disk 2 and used for OSX installs.

Anyways:

Using Mavericks installer, if I leave some unpartitioned space and install, I do not get a FileVault and Recovery option warning BUT i am unable to install Clover on the HDD. If I partition the HDD completely without leaving any unpartitioned space, I get a warning about FileVault and Recover feature unavailability BUT I am able to install Clover on HDD.

I am on Mavericks now. After I finish some small things I need to take care of, OSX wise, I will try upgrading to El Capitan and see how it goes.

Needless to say though, Mavericks is working perfect through Clover. El Capitan issues are many.

RehabMan, Clover fails to install. I wanted to revert back to Mavericks to take a breather so in El Capitan, I partitioned a USB (GPT) using Disk Utility and tried to install clover on it. Clover failed to install on the USB as well. So i just created Mavericks USB and played with install using my clover from the earlier El Capitan. Here is what i found interesting. Please note that I have a Samsung 128GB mSata SSD card that shows up as Disk 1 and used for windows while a Toshiba 750GB HDD drive that is Disk 2 and used for OSX installs.

Anyways:

Using Mavericks installer, if I leave some unpartitioned space and install, I do not get a FileVault and Recovery option warning BUT i am unable to install Clover on the HDD. If I partition the HDD completely without leaving any unpartitioned space, I get a warning about FileVault and Recover feature unavailability BUT I am able to install Clover on HDD.

I am on Mavericks now. After I finish some small things I need to take care of, OSX wise, I will try upgrading to El Capitan and see how it goes.

Needless to say though, Mavericks is working perfect through Clover. El Capitan issues are many.

You probably had a "Core Storage" setup. If you google it, you can find out how to "revert" it.

Ok Thanks RehabMan. Looking into Core Storage issues now.

Progress on upgrading to El Capitan from Mavericks:

So installed clover on HDD while in Mavericks. Downloaded El Capitan and upgraded. A good result. Clover persists on HDD. El Capitan upgrade did create a recovery partition and I see the option during boot. Though I haven't yet, it seems that FileVault should work as well. Messenger/Face Time/App Store logins are working fine. Installed the Intel Backlight kext to the OS X for brightness to work (It doesn't from Clover/kexts/other folder. But then that is the recommended method as well.

Back to the remaining work. To Do left is:
All the peripherals on the internal USB headers are not recognized by OS at this time. These include:
1. Camera
2. Bluetooth (with the BCM PCI Express Card, I believe BT uses the USB bus)
--- In Mavericks, Touchscreen and Card Reader were detected though never worked, not too keen getting these working either.

Also, though HDMI audio is working, speakers do not work. I have seen a solution for the same somewhere here so will try to look up again, now that I have an install that I am comfortable with

And RehabMan, thank you for looking into my efforts. I will certainly look into USB fix thread you provided above.

Now, to back up the OS and the EFI files before I start playing with these further.

For identifying CoreStorage volumes, i used the following command and no CoreStorage volumes were found. But then, now after successfully installing Clover to HDD, I wasn't expecting.

Code:
[COLOR=#343434][FONT=monospace]diskutil cs list[/FONT][/COLOR]

I will keep that in mind in case i have to repartition the drive in future.

Installed the Intel Backlight kext to the OS X for brightness to work (It doesn't from Clover/kexts/other folder. But then that is the recommended method as well.

Not recommended to install to EFI, but it works. Keep in mind that kexts from EFI are not injected by Clover if config.plist/SystemParameters=Detect and FakeSMC.kext is installed to the system volume.

Back to the remaining work. To Do left is:
All the peripherals on the internal USB headers are not recognized by OS at this time. These include:
1. Camera
2. Bluetooth (with the BCM PCI Express Card, I believe BT uses the USB bus)
--- In Mavericks, Touchscreen and Card Reader were detected though never worked, not too keen getting these working either.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

Also, though HDMI audio is working, speakers do not work. I have seen a solution for the same somewhere here so will try to look up again, now that I have an install that I am comfortable with

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...dmi-dp-audio-sandy-ivy-haswell-broadwell.html

For identifying CoreStorage volumes, i used the following command and no CoreStorage volumes were found. But then, now after successfully installing Clover to HDD, I wasn't expecting.

Code:
[COLOR=#343434][FONT=monospace]diskutil cs list[/FONT][/COLOR]

I will keep that in mind in case i have to repartition the drive in future.

The CS phenomenon is something you only run into on a fresh install of later OS X, and it probably has something to do with the specific way you partition (I don't tend to run into it).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back