Acer Aspire v5 573g with :
Intel Core i5 4200u
Intel HD4400
Nvidia GT750M
8 GB RAM
500 GB HDD
Atheros AR5BWB222 Wifi Chip
Could that work with Mavericks or Lion?

Do I have the oppotunity to change the wifi Chip?
I heard It Could be "dangerous" because its an ultrabook.
Thanks for the answer.

I also heard there Could be a Problem with the GT750M.
True?

Do I have the oppotunity to change the wifi Chip?
I heard It Could be "dangerous" because its an ultrabook.
Thanks for the answer.

It depends on whether it is soldered or replaceable. You could download the service manual and read it.

I also heard there Could be a Problem with the GT750M.
True?

Not really a "problem." It won't work and it will complicate the install, but you should be able to use just the HD4000.

Okay.
I'll just look if thats possible.
But I think I'll have to search another Laptop.
I want to buy a New one and use Mac OS X.
But if there are some Problems I'm Not sure.

Need help with some problems. One is shutdown, which is not working from the beginning of 10.11 install. Did try shutdown v2. patch for dsdt, halt enabler from Clover conf, no efforts so far. After executing shutdown screen goes dark, but power remains (led on), only power button manual shutdown is possible. Restart works. Maybe there is usb influence ? but usb himself works okay using EHC1 to EH01 dsdt patch and injectors USBinectall.kext and port routing PCIID_XCHIMux.kext. Other problem may are connected, sleep not working in some cases.
If AC adaptor is not connected sleep works when laptop going himself to sleep, closing the lid goes sleep, putting to sleep, goes sleep. When AC power is connected, only way put laptop to sleep is close the lid, then it sleeps, in all other cases, it’s goes to sleep, but wakes immediately. It’s usb problem, console log says “Wake reason: XHC”. How to resolve, remove _PRW method from XHC ?
but strange is that sleep works in all ways without external power….
Took RehabMan extract and ioreg copy, Clover conf, something else needed for analysing ?

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    35.4 KB · Views: 184
  • ioreg4.zip
    506.7 KB · Views: 161
  • config.plist.zip
    1.9 KB · Views: 178
Need help with some problems. One is shutdown, which is not working from the beginning of 10.11 install. Did try shutdown v2. patch for dsdt, halt enabler from Clover conf, no efforts so far. After executing shutdown screen goes dark, but power remains (led on), only power button manual shutdown is possible. Restart works. Maybe there is usb influence ? but usb himself works okay using EHC1 to EH01 dsdt patch and injectors USBinectall.kext and port routing PCIID_XCHIMux.kext. Other problem may are connected, sleep not working in some cases.
If AC adaptor is not connected sleep works when laptop going himself to sleep, closing the lid goes sleep, putting to sleep, goes sleep. When AC power is connected, only way put laptop to sleep is close the lid, then it sleeps, in all other cases, it’s goes to sleep, but wakes immediately. It’s usb problem, console log says “Wake reason: XHC”. How to resolve, remove _PRW method from XHC ?
but strange is that sleep works in all ways without external power….
Took RehabMan extract and ioreg copy, Clover conf, something else needed for analysing ?

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting).

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Ioreg and RehabMan folder were uploaded already in previous post. I did not start upload them again, to save space. Additionally zipped EFI folder and terminal outputs.
users-MBP:~ user$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
13 2 0xffffff7f82cf0000 0x66000 0x66000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) 295F7A91-2DF7-3FFE-9550-A0C1A6F9D575 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
users-MBP:~ user$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
23 0 0xffffff7f8291d000 0x4000 0x4000 com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo (1) 4557476D-E544-3D57-A4C2-5C099938B550 <7 5 4 3 1>
users-MBP:~ user$ kextstat|grep -y applelpc
95 0 0xffffff7f826e1000 0x3000 0x3000 com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (3.1) 0C90B22D-637B-3000-8C44-B7955D57E10A <91 12 5 4 3>

users-MBP:~ user$ sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Password:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext USBInjectAll.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext RealtekRTL8111.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67061 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0B for kext AppleHDA.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBacklight.kext

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 219

As discussed in the discrete card disable guide...

Some computers have issue with shutdown or sleep wake when the discrete card is left off (with _OFF).

The fix is to turn it back on in _PTS, and back off in _WAK. You have not implemented those patches, and that is probably a good place to start.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...bling-discrete-graphics-dual-gpu-laptops.html

Also you haven't patched _PRW for instant wake. Which could also be related...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back