CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RTX 2060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've been using Yosemite for quite some time on my laptop and decided to try El Capitan on it. I did a clean install that went fine (without errors, that is) but now it won't boot. It seems to infinitely wait for DSMOS. It loads the NVDAGK100HAL, mounts all the partitions, throws some sound assertions in AppleHDADriver and stays there. I tried modifying numerous Clover options including, but not limited to:
- -v
- no -v
- -f
- nv_disable=1
- nvda_drv=1
- kext-dev-mode=1|0
- rootless=1|0
- no arguments (dull)
- -x show directly Sleeping Beauty's dinner remnants with a progress bar so I can't see the log
- disabling NVidia injection
- changed ig-platform-id (tried 0003 and 0009 which worked on Yosemite)
- etc.

It just won't go into graphics mode.

Maybe I'm missing out something trivial. Will keep trying.
:confused:

I've been using Yosemite for quite some time on my laptop and decided to try El Capitan on it. I did a clean install that went fine (without errors, that is) but now it won't boot. It seems to infinitely wait for DSMOS. It loads the NVDAGK100HAL, mounts all the partitions, throws some sound assertions in AppleHDADriver and stays there. I tried modifying numerous Clover options including, but not limited to:
- -v
- no -v
- -f
- nv_disable=1
- nvda_drv=1
- kext-dev-mode=1|0
- rootless=1|0
- no arguments (dull)
- -x show directly Sleeping Beauty's dinner remnants with a progress bar so I can't see the log
- disabling NVidia injection
- changed ig-platform-id (tried 0003 and 0009 which worked on Yosemite)
- etc.

It just won't go into graphics mode.

Maybe I'm missing out something trivial. Will keep trying.
:confused:

"Waiting for DSMOS" without a corresponding "DSMOS has arrived" implies that FakeSMC is missing or not loading.

Thank you, RehabMan, you are perfectly correct - FakeSMC does not load although it's there - in clover's kexts (both 10.10 and 10.11) and in S/L/E. Investigating why...

Thank you, RehabMan, you are perfectly correct - FakeSMC does not load although it's there - in clover's kexts (both 10.10 and 10.11) and in S/L/E. Investigating why...

Put in kexts/Other. Your version of Clover may be old.

Make sure you boot with kext injection.

3241 - how old could that be? :)
Putting it in Other did the trick.

Thank you, RehabMan! You rule!

3241 - how old could that be? :)
Putting it in Other did the trick.

Thank you, RehabMan! You rule!

Probably Clover is not updated yet to detect 10.11.

Probably.... Although I did not create the 10.11 directory - Clover created it itself. Maybe I copied the kext directories in a way that Clover didn't recognise them - I did this through Linux and maybe I had missed the -r flag. I don't know. Anyway, thank you for pointing me in the right direction again.

Written from El Capitan on my Laptop.

P.S. As a sidenote - everything works correctly, the HD4000 driver behaves notably better than that in Yosemite. The OS loads a bit faster at boot and in the following days I will know more about the stability.
Thanks again!

Last edited:
Probably Clover is not updated yet to detect 10.11.
Hi Rehabman, can you point me to another source to get the latest Clover? Sourceforge seems to be down, i get the error "[h=2]The sourceforge.net website is temporarily in static offline mode.[/h]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back