Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire V5-171 Notebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I've got sleep working with DSDT but cannot get LAN to work.
Still no joy after the kext in the last post
All the kexts I've downloaded are bcm5722D even though they state bcm57785
I have had it working in the past but after one of numerous re-installs it won't work any more
I think it needs a patched IONetworkingFamily.kext
All of those I've tried mess up other things.
I'm so close now to 100%
It's a cracking little Hack!
Mike

@Crabhunter

If you have an editted DSDT why not share with us all? What BIOS and set to UEFI or Legacy BIOS?

You might find someone may be able to finish the remaining issues...

"Share and share alike" as they say ;-)

Having some help with the DSDT would be cool, & appreciated since at least I think I could drop the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext out of the mix, and have "sleep" enabled, since that kext is what disables it, per the info in:

http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=667

Keeping expectations down help a lot to having a more enjoyable hackintosh experience, in general, buying any laptop to hackintosh seems to be a noble mission, but it's most likely a 1 way ticket to heartache most of the time, since it's very likely that not 100% will work, and live up to your expectations...especially for people starting with this "hobby..."

I believe the v5-171 (at least the i5 version), has good potentials to become THE system for a hackintosh project, since it's priced nicely, it's small, it has the latest Intel i5 Ivy Bridge cpu, and it runs more or less OSX at this point. My requirements for a hackintosh laptop are modest...to me able to run OSX means:

QE/CI
Sound
Network (either LAN or WIFI, though WIFI is preferred)
Able to shutdown/restart properly

Just found out that for the current acer hackintosh...
Able to adjust brightness - work around with "Brightness Slider" free app from App Store
Card Reader - works! OOTB...at least it read my 2gb SD card...didn't try writing to it, or SDHC cards...

With "Brightness Slider," (a free app from App Store, as its name implies, it creates a slider like sound, but for screen brightness), though not a perfect solution, it provides a work-around without editing DSDT, from the photo, even at its lowest setting, it doesn't turn my screen black...it looks more like changing the screen "contrast" kinda deal, but this imperfect solution is enough for me...
Just want to clarify that this app works good on a real Mac...the imperfect solution happens when using it on my specific acer v5-171 hackintosh...hmmm...this imperfect solution might also work for other laptop hackintoshes as well...because if you R building a desktop hackintosh, it'd be wise to build it with the parts that is provided in this article on this same site...
http://www.tonymacx86.com/333-building-customac-buyer-s-guide-february-2013.html
and avoid the heartaches of trying to get stuffs to work since that cookbook uses very compatible hardware for OSX...

Good features to have on the v5-171, but definitely not show stoppers...
Sleep
VGA output (though haven't tried it on mine)

Maybe other features it should run? Since I am not a "power user," my requirements are fairly modest for a hackintosh laptop...! :)

So at this point...this is what is working:

QE/CI - Intel HD4000 is recognized, per the photo attached on this post...
Restart/Shutdown
Screen Brightness (see work around via Brightness Slider)
Card Reader
Keyboard
Webcam
BT - I think...

Hopefully the hackintosh community will be able to help with...
Sound (speaker, built-in microphone)
Network (I still haven't tried the link for LAN from post #10, since post #11 states that it didn't work, and to me, WIFI is more desirable, though I am thinking of getting a cheap usb dongle for WIFI)...
Built-in trackpad (right now using USB mouse)
Sleep

Thanks!

Attachments

• 102_1497.JPG
    102_1497.JPG
    170.1 KB · Views: 1,058
I've written a guide based on all these posts and have extracted a DSDT.aml from a virgin 2.13 BIOS machine. This needs the HDEF edits etc

Attachments

• dsdt.7z
    18 KB · Views: 195
I've written a guide based on all these posts and have extracted a DSDT.aml from a virgin 2.13 BIOS machine. This needs the HDEF edits etc

Crabhunter & Yamete888 - check your PMs ;-)

I did audio codec dumps and DSDT and have sent them to someone who has offered to help from another forum. Hopefully that will get us the rest done.

Has anyone tried the VGA output? Is the built in trackpad working (if so how)? I hosed my installer yesterday by mistake so have to rebuild again

Is NullCPUPowerManagement.kext within Misc section of Multibeast?

Is AppleACPIPlatform.kext in KextBeast or Unibeast (If so which/where)?

I cannot get to installer now with -v -x - there is nothing I can do on my own without some co-operation... Come on guys ;-)

i get QE/Ci , sound and battery working, can you suggest me a brand for wifi stick?

i get QE/Ci , sound and battery working, can you suggest me a brand for wifi stick?

Atheros AR5B195

Is sound working with kext and DSDT I posted? Can you detail what you did to get it working (10.8.2 download from Appstore with Unibeast 1.7 or what)? I'm having issues and the other guys seem only interested until they solve their own issues :(

Hi! an update regarding post #17...thanks for the support files...after installing the dsdt.aml & the provided AppleHD kext by Methanoid in post #17, on my Acer v5-171 bios 2.01, the sound icon appears on the menu bar, the sliders work, but no sound, even after selecting internal speakers in the SOUND preferences...
Just when we R struggling with 10.8.2, along came 10.8.3...!

Attachments

• 102_1505.JPG
    102_1505.JPG
    451.6 KB · Views: 1,439
I cannot get to installer now with -v -x - there is nothing I can do on my own without some co-operation... Come on guys ;-)

Methanoid, the -v -x worked for me, but dunno if it has anything to do with the bios level, since I am on 2.01...don't forget to set in your bios in the Boot tab...

Boot Mode ---> Legacy BIOS

And in the Main tab, to set...

SATA Mode ---> AHCI Mode

Aside from the different bios level between our systems, and the above settings in the bios, not sure what else could it be...if you still can't boot from the Unibeast prepped drive...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back