Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire V5-171 Notebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no improvement. Still get the same error message.

Anyone installed Mavericks yet? Care to share a pack of any kexts DSDT etc??

Still no improvement. Still get the same error message.

Anyone installed Mavericks yet? Care to share a pack of any kexts DSDT etc??

What error message? Boot "-v" to troubleshoot booting problems. Post photo of screen that results.

Make sure you provide complete and detailed specs in your signature.

So did anyone manage to get Mavericks running on this? Picked up a V5-171 last night, not having much luck with it since it's a Sandy Bridge HD3000 model and seems everyone in this thread so far using HD4000 systems instead, so will need to create my own dsdt.

No idea where to start with MaciASL, anyone recommend where to start reading for info?

dsdt.png

So did anyone manage to get Mavericks running on this? Picked up a V5-171 last night, not having much luck with it since it's a Sandy Bridge HD3000 model and seems everyone in this thread so far using HD4000 systems instead, so will need to create my own dsdt.

No idea where to start with MaciASL, anyone recommend where to start reading for info?

dsdt.png

Make sure you're using ACPI 4.0.

What is the resolution of your display? And what chipset (6 or 7-series) does your board use?

Make sure you're using ACPI 4.0.

What is the resolution of your display? And what chipset (6 or 7-series) does your board use?

1366x768, 6-series, i3.

Cheers RehabMan, changed to ACPI 4.0, then used patches 'Replace Names' and 'Fix TNOT Error' and now at:

dsdt2.png

What should I try next?

1366x768, 6-series, i3.

Cheers RehabMan, changed to ACPI 4.0, then used patches 'Replace Names' and 'Fix TNOT Error' and now at:

dsdt2.png

What should I try next?

Replace names was not necessary. You're done. There are no errors... Now you can apply whatever patches you need.

Righty, so here's where I'm at with installing 10.9:

Firstly, my spec is i3-2367M / HM77 / Bios 1.09.

Unibeast 10.9 Install (Laptop Support + Legacy USB Support), needs -v -x flags to boot into installer. (Really temperamental, worked first time fine then not other times...)

First time in OSX tried:
- Multibeast: EasyBeast / MacBook Pro 8,1 / TrackPad Support

No Boot, AppleIntelHD kext errors, so moved all the AppleIntelHD kexts out of S/L/E temporarily and can now boot into the OS without flags.

Next tried a few kext installs etc to get some devices working, so far:

- WiFi: Installed a Dell DW1510 instead of Atheros AR5822 card, works by default.
- LAN: Installed BCM57785 kext from (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/79-bcm5722d/), works fine.
- USB: Plugging in a device caused a reboot, had to install AppleUSBXHCI.kext (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/150-patched-appleusbxhcikext/), working fine now, interested to find out if can patch the DSDT to avoid this step.
- Trackpad: Buttons don't work this Multibeast kext (Voodoo based kext?), need to try find a better version.
- Audio: Not tried yet, get the graphics working properly first.

Now trying to put back the AppleIntelHD kexts to try boot with graphics support, no luck so far though. Am using MaciASL to try edit the DSDT with RehabMan patches, using 'TNOT Error Fix' and 'HD3000 on 7 Series' gets me further when booting in verbose (no more AppleIntelHD failed to start error), just now it's getting stuck at 'SuperIODevice fatal error' so need to find out what to patch next.

Any info from others managing to run 10.9 would be great :)

Righty, so here's where I'm at with installing 10.9:

Firstly, my spec is i3-2367M / HM77 / Bios 1.09.

Unibeast 10.9 Install (Laptop Support + Legacy USB Support), needs -v -x flags to boot into installer. (Really temperamental, worked first time fine then not other times...)

First time in OSX tried:
- Multibeast: EasyBeast / MacBook Pro 8,1 / TrackPad Support

No Boot, AppleIntelHD kext errors, so moved all the AppleIntelHD kexts out of S/L/E temporarily and can now boot into the OS without flags.

Next tried a few kext installs etc to get some devices working, so far:

- WiFi: Installed a Dell DW1510 instead of Atheros AR5822 card, works by default.
- LAN: Installed BCM57785 kext from (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/79-bcm5722d/), works fine.
- USB: Plugging in a device caused a reboot, had to install AppleUSBXHCI.kext (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/150-patched-appleusbxhcikext/), working fine now, interested to find out if can patch the DSDT to avoid this step.
- Trackpad: Buttons don't work this Multibeast kext (Voodoo based kext?), need to try find a better version.
- Audio: Not tried yet, get the graphics working properly first.

Now trying to put back the AppleIntelHD kexts to try boot with graphics support, no luck so far though. Am using MaciASL to try edit the DSDT with RehabMan patches, using 'TNOT Error Fix' and 'HD3000 on 7 Series' gets me further when booting in verbose (no more AppleIntelHD failed to start error), just now it's getting stuck at 'SuperIODevice fatal error' so need to find out what to patch next.

Any info from others managing to run 10.9 would be great :)

You need also "HD3000 Low Resolution" or "HD3000 High Resolution" depending on screen resolution. "Brightness Fix" and "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" are also recommended.

"SuperIODevice" error is not an issue and can be ignored. If you want eliminate it remove LPCSensors.kext from FakeSMC PlugIns.

As for trackpad, which trackpad is in your laptop?

You need also "HD3000 Low Resolution" or "HD3000 High Resolution" depending on screen resolution. "Brightness Fix" and "Rename GFX0 to IGPU" are also recommended.

"SuperIODevice" error is not an issue and can be ignored. If you want eliminate it remove LPCSensors.kext from FakeSMC PlugIns.

As for trackpad, which trackpad is in your laptop?

Graphics now working :D Cheers RehabMan, great work with the MaciASL patches repo, really helpful!

Not having much luck finding the trackpad brand/model on the Acer website though, does this help? (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12143154/ioreg.png)

Now time to read up on AppleHDA, get this ALC269 working next... (hopefully)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back