Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire V3-372

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill throw my update here. Im on 10.12.4 at the moment. First of all I started from unlocking the bios chip, which went fine with the TL866A programmer. Im running at the moment dvmt-prealloc at 96mb, and graphics wise everything seems good, I only inject intel at clover, and rest OS X detects natively, I suppose?

I got working sleep, brightness, audio, graphics (got same score on cinebench r15 as the MBP 13 with same hardware), hdmi out (up to 1080p tho, need to figure 4k). Partially works then bluetooth and trackpad. Bluetooth dies everytime I set laptop to sleep, and sometimes randomly loses connection to the Magic Trackpad 2 and then reconnects instantly. Trackpad then... its Elan trackpad and the drivers that are available on other forum.. they work very weirdly and also caused random KPs. So I currently use just Voodoops2 controller kext for the trackpad, and I mainly use the Magic Trackpad 2 as it natively supports all gestures and multitouch things + it even has force touch.

Integrated wifi doesn't work, and I understood its kinda impossible to get working, tho Im also kinda noob at whole hackintosh world. (I owned MacBook Pro few years ago, thats all osx experience I have). Already ordered though the BCM94352Z, so hopefully it fixes wifi and the bluetooth problems I have.
Amazing that you got that far, I had given up because I was unable to unlock the bios, and did not want to spend 80e for flasher that I probably need once. I see that you are from Finland too. Any chance you could ship the flasher for me to borrow and test? I can pay for the postage fees and of course ship it back when im done. I'm unsure if the flasher will support my chip though. Could you check if it supports IS25LP064. I would be willing to continue with this project if its compatible.

BCM94352Z should work, I got it working fine for me.

Last edited:
Amazing that you got that far, I had given up because I was unable to unlock the bios, and did not want to spend 80e for flasher that I probably need once. I see that you are from Finland too. Any chance you could ship the flasher for me to borrow and test? I can pay for the postage fees and of course ship it back when im done. I'm unsure if the flasher will support my chip though. Could you check if it supports IS25LP064. I would be willing to continue with this project if its compatible.

BCM94352Z should work, I got it working fine for me.
http://www.autoelectric.cn/minipro/miniprosupportlist.txt Thats the list of supported chips for that programmer. Its in fact not mine tho, borrowed from friend who does electric stuff. But I could ask if he could borrow it for you since I probably would benefit aswell if you get the bios unlocked.

http://www.autoelectric.cn/minipro/miniprosupportlist.txt Thats the list of supported chips for that programmer. Its in fact not mine tho, borrowed from friend who does electric stuff. But I could ask if he could borrow it for you since I probably would benefit aswell if you get the bios unlocked.
Sadly it looks like the tool does not support my bios chip. Thanks anyway, I will try to contact my local repair shops if they could replace my bios chip with something that's supported by my USB programmer.

Sadly it looks like the tool does not support my bios chip. Thanks anyway, I will try to contact my local repair shops if they could replace my bios chip with something that's supported by my USB programmer.
My russian skills arent best. But with help of google translator, someone maybe flashed your bios chip succesfully with the TL866A. I dont know too much about link rules here, but you find the thread easily by googling "IS25LP064 tl866a". My friend said he will send the programmer for you if you pay deposit(? is that the right word for pantti?) for it, which he will then pay back when you return the device.

Edit. Btw, I got continuous quiet buzz on the 3.5mm output, which is very noticeable when theres no audio playing through. Tried patched AppleHDA and VoodooHDA, and both has same problem. Did you possible have same and did you manage to fix it somehow? Thanks!

Last edited:
My russian skills arent best. But with help of google translator, someone maybe flashed your bios chip succesfully with the TL866A. I dont know too much about link rules here, but you find the thread easily by googling "IS25LP064 tl866a". My friend said he will send the programmer for you if you pay deposit(? is that the right word for pantti?) for it, which he will then pay back when you return the device.

Edit. Btw, I got continuous quiet buzz on the 3.5mm output, which is very noticeable when theres no audio playing through. Tried patched AppleHDA and VoodooHDA, and both has same problem. Did you possible have same and did you manage to fix it somehow? Thanks!
Sorry for the long delay. Been busy with preparing to entrance examinations. I showed the forums to my friend who speaks fluent Russian and he said that it should work. That being said I'm still interested in borrowing it. You could send it using cash on delivery (postiennakko) with reasonable price. Add me on Facebook.

I do remember having such problems but I cant recall if it was with this Acer laptop or my old Asus laptop. Did you use mirone's AppleHDAPatcher or did you do it all by yourself?

EDIT: I have sent couple of emails to local repair shops but haven't got any answer from them yet. Hope they have the tool.

Sorry for the long delay. Been busy with preparing to entrance examinations. I showed the forums to my friend who speaks fluent Russian and he said that it should work. That being said I'm still interested in borrowing it. You could send it using cash on delivery (postiennakko) with reasonable price. Add me on Facebook.

I do remember having such problems but I cant recall if it was with this Acer laptop or my old Asus laptop. Did you use mirone's AppleHDAPatcher or did you do it all by yourself?

EDIT: I have sent couple of emails to local repair shops but haven't got any answer from them yet. Hope they have the tool.
I'll tell my friend tomorrow that he can contact you via facebook if he is still willing to send it. And about sounds.. I tried VoodooHDA and some patched AppleHDA I think.. Havent tried that patcher as far as i remember. I'll get in to that at next week too.

Edit: Apparently I had tried AppleHDA Patcher before but without success, I probably had missed CodeCommander kext.. anyways, it seems to work now.

Last edited:
Hi!

I've got Acer Aspire V3-372 and I'm planning to hackintosh it.
I will update this thread when ever I run into a problem I cannot alone solve.
It has following specs:

Intel Core i5-6267U, 2.9Ghz, 4MB L3 cache
Intel Iris 550, up to 4180MB Dynamic Video Memory
8GB RAM
128 SSD M.2

I have already successfully installed El Capitan to it but not everything is working as it should.

Right now, my biggest issue is to get graphics to work correctly.
I also have some ACPI patching issues, but I will update this thread about it later.

OS X recognised Intel Iris graphics 550, but shows 7MB as video memory. I also get a lot flickering and really slow animations.
I downloaded config.plist from rehabmans repo, which was configured for hd 520 but I changed the platform id to Iris graphics 550 (0x19260000), which I found from pikeralpha's blog. Can't really find much information about this graphics card... This didn't do the trick, so I downloaded and installed FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext still nothing.

So I'm asking if anyone could help me to the right direction, am I forgetting something or doing something wrong?

config.plist and screenshot attached.

Thanks in advance.
Hey there. Could you tell me how exactly you went about your macOS installation, specifically the patching like your customized usbInjectAll ? I just got the same laptop and i would like to add a guide post for it. Thanks in advance.

Ill throw my update here. Im on 10.12.4 at the moment. First of all I started from unlocking the bios chip, which went fine with the TL866A programmer. Im running at the moment dvmt-prealloc at 96mb, and graphics wise everything seems good, I only inject intel at clover, and rest OS X detects natively, I suppose?

I got working sleep, brightness, audio, graphics (got same score on cinebench r15 as the MBP 13 with same hardware), hdmi out (up to 1080p tho, need to figure 4k). Partially works then bluetooth and trackpad. Bluetooth dies everytime I set laptop to sleep, and sometimes randomly loses connection to the Magic Trackpad 2 and then reconnects instantly. Trackpad then... its Elan trackpad and the drivers that are available on other forum.. they work very weirdly and also caused random KPs. So I currently use just Voodoops2 controller kext for the trackpad, and I mainly use the Magic Trackpad 2 as it natively supports all gestures and multitouch things + it even has force touch.

Integrated wifi doesn't work, and I understood its kinda impossible to get working, tho Im also kinda noob at whole hackintosh world. (I owned MacBook Pro few years ago, thats all osx experience I have). Already ordered though the BCM94352Z, so hopefully it fixes wifi and the bluetooth problems I have.
Would you kindly provide your clover folder or explain how you got everything working. Just got my graphics glitches on 10.12.6 sorted out. Working on backlight and audio now.

Would you kindly provide your clover folder or explain how you got everything working. Just got my graphics glitches on 10.12.6 sorted out. Working on backlight and audio now.
Sorry, im kind of late to reply on this. Do you still need this information? Also, i didnt get graphics glitches when upgraded from 10.12.5 to 10.12.6 .. strange!

Sorry, im kind of late to reply on this. Do you still need this information? Also, i didnt get graphics glitches when upgraded from 10.12.5 to 10.12.6 .. strange!
It is always much appreciated. I went ahead and made my own guide post about this laptop. Though i have limited time right now so i can't finish testing too soon. The internal mic and backlight control are two major things left to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back