Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire V3-372

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same crash happening here with the latest build available to download. Waiting for 10.12.2 right now and hoping for the best.

Hey all, I'm dying to know if you have made any progress, because I am really interested in buying this laptop.
Since the newest MBP uses Iris 550, it should work without issues. But it seems that is not the case? Also, technically it should work from 10.12 onwards since Iris 550 MBPs shipped with this.
Are you happy with the other aspects of this laptop? What options are available in the BIOS in terms of advanced settings (particularly relating to GPU)?

Hey all, I'm dying to know if you have made any progress, because I am really interested in buying this laptop.
Since the newest MBP uses Iris 550, it should work without issues. But it seems that is not the case? Also, technically it should work from 10.12 onwards since Iris 550 MBPs shipped with this.
Are you happy with the other aspects of this laptop? What options are available in the BIOS in terms of advanced settings (particularly relating to GPU)?

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Skylake info in the FAQ. It is important.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Skylake info in the FAQ. It is important.

I understand. It is the DVTM-prealloc value that is killing the Iris 550 variant of this laptop...
I am amazed how there is always that one little problem that breaks everything on a laptop...
It seems every generation they accidently find new ways to make our lives harder o_O

Also, I can't find the i5 6267u 4GB RAM variant in stock in Europe anymore, only the 8G RAM one (I want to upgrade RAM myself to save monies ;) ).

Leaffi, I saw you asked for a BIOS mod, and it wasn't possible even with SPI flasher (dayum Acer).
But did you try this?

From http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-...s-Acer-v5-573g-2-30-Advanced-menu/td-p/452451

"Found on YouTube:
'No flash firmware, no bios mod.
Enter BIOS. Press Fn + Tab. Save and exit. Retry enter bios. Unlock Advanced and power menu done. Thanks.'

Note: I think after reboot in Windows, menu is standard again.

Иван Попов on YouTube" (cited from user "rindert")

He claims it works on that laptop. Worth a shot for sure right?

I understand. It is the DVTM-prealloc value that is killing the Iris 550 variant of this laptop...
I am amazed how there is always that one little problem that breaks everything on a laptop...
It seems every generation they accidently find new ways to make our lives harder o_O

Also, I can't find the i5 6267u 4GB RAM variant in stock in Europe anymore, only the 8G RAM one (I want to upgrade RAM myself to save monies ;) ).

Leaffi, I saw you asked for a BIOS mod, and it wasn't possible even with SPI flasher (dayum Acer).
But did you try this?

From http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-...s-Acer-v5-573g-2-30-Advanced-menu/td-p/452451

"Found on YouTube:
'No flash firmware, no bios mod.
Enter BIOS. Press Fn + Tab. Save and exit. Retry enter bios. Unlock Advanced and power menu done. Thanks.'

Note: I think after reboot in Windows, menu is standard again.

Иван Попов on YouTube" (cited from user "rindert")

He claims it works on that laptop. Worth a shot for sure right?
I was unable to get the laptop to a stable state. So I kinda gave up. I haven't tried yet with the 10.12.2 update, but I could try that out.
That unlock method does not work. I was unable to unlock the bios even with bios flashing tools as I was unable to find usb programmer that would support my bios chip IS25LP064.

EDIT: Getting greeted with kernel panic when using rehabmans hd 550 config.

Last edited:
I was unable to get the laptop to a stable state. So I kinda gave up. I haven't tried yet with the 10.12.2 update, but I could try that out.
That unlock method does not work. I was unable to unlock the bios even with bios flashing tools as I was unable to find usb programmer that would support my bios chip IS25LP064.

Well if it's any consolation, I think you have tried virtually every possibility.

Other than OS X problems, do you recommend this laptop? Would you recommend the 6157u version (it is limited to 2.4GHz maximum) or do you think the turbo boost makes a big difference in daily tasks?

Would there be the same problem if I'm on the Intel Hd 520 variant of this laptop?

Would there be the same problem if I'm on the Intel Hd 520 variant of this laptop?

If you can't change DVMT-prealloc, use the minStolenSize patch.

Hi,
I've also got this Laptop and unfortunualy I'm a beginner. I can't even start from usb (built with Unibeast - Uefi Mode and also legacy). I tried a few different sticks and also booted from HBCD. It just boots Windows every time...
Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance,
Marvin

Last edited:
Ill throw my update here. Im on 10.12.4 at the moment. First of all I started from unlocking the bios chip, which went fine with the TL866A programmer. Im running at the moment dvmt-prealloc at 96mb, and graphics wise everything seems good, I only inject intel at clover, and rest OS X detects natively, I suppose?

I got working sleep, brightness, audio, graphics (got same score on cinebench r15 as the MBP 13 with same hardware), hdmi out (up to 1080p tho, need to figure 4k). Partially works then bluetooth and trackpad. Bluetooth dies everytime I set laptop to sleep, and sometimes randomly loses connection to the Magic Trackpad 2 and then reconnects instantly. Trackpad then... its Elan trackpad and the drivers that are available on other forum.. they work very weirdly and also caused random KPs. So I currently use just Voodoops2 controller kext for the trackpad, and I mainly use the Magic Trackpad 2 as it natively supports all gestures and multitouch things + it even has force touch.

Integrated wifi doesn't work, and I understood its kinda impossible to get working, tho Im also kinda noob at whole hackintosh world. (I owned MacBook Pro few years ago, thats all osx experience I have). Already ordered though the BCM94352Z, so hopefully it fixes wifi and the bluetooth problems I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back