CPU
i5-5200u
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 5500
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi! Can you please help me? I have Acer Aspire v3-371-52QE with i5-5200u and Intel HD graphics. I tried to install mac os with clover, but i cant reach the Disk Utility for erasing data before install... Black screen with apple logo and progress line stops at the middle of process, then my Acer reboots to clover...
Can you pls help me? I can provide you all information...

[Guide] Broadwell HD5500 Setting DVMT in InsydeH20 BIOS Laptops

Hi! Can you please help me? I have Acer Aspire v3-371-52QE with i5-5200u and Intel HD graphics. I tried to install mac os with clover, but i cant reach the Disk Utility for erasing data before install... Black screen with apple logo and progress line stops at the middle of process, then my Acer reboots to clover...
Can you pls help me? I can provide you all information...

At risk of going off topic for this guide, in case the below doesnt help you then better create a new thread for your laptop and not hi-jack the guide for bios....

The following steps will likely help you:
1. Post screen shot of verbose mode boot which will help someone figure out whats wrong.
2. You must first boot into windows the click on "Restart" and then boot into the OSX installer, if you dont do this you will have issues and will probaly struggle to get to the installer desktop. if your computer reboots and you hear a click like sound, then you have to reboot into windows again then select restart.
3. use correct config.plist, see laptop FAQ here http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html and follow the link to the sample config.plists and select the hd5500 one. ensure ig-platform id is 16160002, though not essential for installation, you need it for post installation.
4. Remove CPU Sensors from the FakeSMC kext....

I would have created a guide for this laptop but its NOT working well enough due to the issue with the HD5500 causing random reboots and having to boot into windows first before OSX works without frequently freezing. once that is cracked I will post a guide for it. but just so you know, its actually very easy to patch the DSDT, backlight control, audio and battery for this with minimal effort using only existing patches without maual edits and these will work perfectly.
If you manage to fix power management let me know as all my attepmts have failed and corrupted the installation so I stopped working on power management......

Moved off-topic posts to separate thread.

Thank you so much for your reply.. I made my clover and bootable usb by rehabs guide.. I moved all kexts in kext folder, called other on the usb. Config was taken specially for broadwell with Intel hd 5500 from same rehabs guide.. But I always got error of cpu 2 panic, when I just tried to launch the Mac OS X installation process from clover menu.
I was searching for the whole day, and found 1 solution - to disable Intel inject in config.plist... And I made it work! I saw the installation process, erased my hard drive, then fromated it as Mac OS extended journaled and choosed install on hdd... After an hour, my install was finished and my computer was restarted.. I choosed boot my os and at the middle of line of loading I have got apple logo replaced with white circle... What am I doing wrong?

I can post a screenshots in verbose mode in 4 or 5 hours, but there are a lot off errors with xcpm or something like that and it won't start

I've found some verbose mode photos

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    748.1 KB · Views: 507
Thank you so much for your reply.. I made my clover and bootable usb by rehabs guide.. I moved all kexts in kext folder, called other on the usb. Config was taken specially for broadwell with Intel hd 5500 from same rehabs guide.. But I always got error of cpu 2 panic, when I just tried to launch the Mac OS X installation process from clover menu.
I was searching for the whole day, and found 1 solution - to disable Intel inject in config.plist... And I made it work! I saw the installation process, erased my hard drive, then fromated it as Mac OS extended journaled and choosed install on hdd... After an hour, my install was finished and my computer was restarted.. I choosed boot my os and at the middle of line of loading I have got apple logo replaced with white circle... What am I doing wrong?

try this config.plist, this is mine currently but you may need to edit for your laptop. Ensure you have deleted the CPUSensors kext thats inside the FakeSMC kext. to do this right click FakeSMC kext then look for CPUsensors in there and delete it.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.4 KB · Views: 433
Thanks! I will delete kext and then try to install Mac OS with your config in efi/clover.
i will let you know, what result it will lead to)

Thanks! I will delete kext and then try to install Mac OS with your config in efi/clover.
i will let you know, what result it will lead to)
You don't need to reinstall if it's already installed! Just replace the confit.plist and reboot....

Don't need to reinstall Mac os or clover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back