Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-791G with Sierra (10.12.2) onboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
More over.
The VN7-591G model is way much compatible with OS X then VN7-791G.
Your motherboard is smaller then mine and has a different layout and total number of USB ports. Different Nvidia chip. I think there are more differences especially within chipset (CPU is different also).
Could you please post your Clover folder and IOReg dump?
Do you use Sierra with it?

More over.
The VN7-591G model is way much compatible with OS X then VN7-791G.
Your motherboard is smaller then mine and has a different layout and total number of USB ports. Different Nvidia chip. I think there are more differences especially within chipset (CPU is different also).
Could you please post your Clover folder and IOReg dump?
Do you use Sierra with it?

No, there is almost no difference.
  • chipset is the same HM86
  • 4710HQ is basically the same chip as 4720HQ, just clocked 100MHz lower
  • 860M (Maxwell version) is the same chip (GM107) as 960M
And... I checked your ACPI dump files and they look identical to what I had with the VN7-591G.

I did exactly the same set of patching for your ACPI dump - see the attachment - try if that solves your issue. I had working sleep/wake on Sierra with these patches (and USBInjectAll.kext which enables the touchpad.)

In case you're interested, the attached folder is a Git repo, detailed steps can be found through the log.

Attachments

• vn7-791.zip
    959.2 KB · Views: 131
As I mentioned there is an error with IGPU patch. In my SSDT-7 files there are lots of GPU related lines. Patch GFX0 to IGPU brings a compilation error 1186, 6126, syntax error, unexpected '}' and 2801, 6126, syntax error, unexpected $end and premature End-Of-File . It seems that somewhere one } has been added and I'm not able to find where. May be I'm not that good in using diff utility.

I didn't experience such errors applying the GFX0 -> IGPU patch on your SSDT-7.
Make sure to use the correct version of iasl, and switches "-da -dl" when disassembling *.aml to *.dsl...

I did exactly the same set of patching for your ACPI dump
It's great, thank you!

I applied aml files from attached zip... and now I have instant wake. But the good thing - without reboot. PC sleeps for about 2 seconds and then wakes up... without USB. USB2 HUB gets removed from the system according to IOReg.

Am I right that cause of awakens should be stated in syslog?

Seems it was a Display:
Mar 2 11:03:46 Kaims-iMac Bongiovi DPS[386]: Display did wake notification.
Mar 2 11:05:01 Kaims-iMac Bongiovi DPS[386]: Display did wake notification.

It's great, thank you!

I applied aml files from attached zip... and now I have instant wake. But the good thing - without reboot. PC sleeps for about 2 seconds and then wakes up... without USB. USB2 HUB gets removed from the system according to IOReg.

Am I right that cause of awakens should be stated in syslog?

Did you leave the lid open? My VN7-591 can only sleep with the lid closed.

I did not dig further - sold the laptop already...

Did you leave the lid open? My VN7-591 can only sleep with the lid closed.

So basically yes - with the closed lid it sleeps. And is very hard to be awaken. It takes about 30 sec to get himself back online. Touchpad will not work after that until next boot... Seems like system tries to boot itself was CD makes sound like moving laser head and it makes such a sound several times (same as when you are booting the machine and it probes CD).

So it's better say that sleep is partially working.

The weird thing is that after second sleep every thing gets back to normal.
It awakes itself fast (about 4 sec) and touch pad is responding....

Ok, for some time it was working. After upgrade to 10.12.3 it was working...
No I upgraded to 10.12.4 and sound disappeared. I can view devices (even sound controls works) but no sound from speakers or headphones.

Could one advice me what has been changed or how to unroll upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back