Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-791G with Sierra (10.12.2) onboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot HFSPlus.efi. Read the guide carefully.
Thank you. It works now, however, it disabled my keyboard and my mouse always lags at the login screen for some reason.
Edit: Nevermind, got it working.

Last edited:
ACPI is not patched...
So I spent a time trying to figure out what patches should i use. The best I got is an apple symbol appearing on the screen and immediately after - reboot.

What I did:
  1. I downloaded some files from Github RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/hotpatch (see below)
  2. I tried several Clover config.plist with no success (some times it even can't find my HFS volumes)
  3. I tried to merge config.plist found under RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config with my current working (the one made by Clover installation)
No success. It seems that I am missing something or do not understand the process (guide) correctly.

In attempt to use hotpatch I compiled files by using RehabMan-MaciASL-2017-0117 with iasl installed and copied to /Applications/MaciASL.app/Contents/MacOS/iasl61

I also installed HFSPlus.efi under /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI

Attached are files placed under /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patches
Also please find some clover configs I made.

Please advice as I literally can't figure out what is wrong. My understanding is that I have to
  • Use provided config.plist (no success - system can't boot)
  • Modify provided config.plist according to my hardware\OS version (not a real cusses)
  • Merge provided config.plist with one I have from default installation (not a real cusses)
PS. May be I have to patch DSDT\SSDT before attempting to install Mac OS Sierra? Than I can understand it as my hardware will be recognized differently especial SATA... But that is impossible to do and your guide never stated that it should go in that order.

Attachments

• VN7-791G-Hotpatch-aml.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 70
  • VN7-791G-clover-config.zip
    6.2 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Attached is a photo how my screen looks like after using config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist

IMG_20170121_221911.jpg

So I spent a time trying to figure out what patches should i use. The best I got is an apple symbol appearing on the screen and immediately after - reboot.

What I did:
  1. I downloaded some files from Github RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config/hotpatch (see below)
  2. I tried several Clover config.plist with no success (some times it even can't find my HFS volumes)
  3. I tried to merge config.plist found under RehabMan/OS-X-Clover-Laptop-Config with my current working (the one made by Clover installation)
No success. It seems that I am missing something or do not understand the process (guide) correctly.

In attempt to use hotpatch I compiled files by using RehabMan-MaciASL-2017-0117 with iasl installed and copied to /Applications/MaciASL.app/Contents/MacOS/iasl61

I also installed HFSPlus.efi under /EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI

Attached are files placed under /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patches
Also please find some clover configs I made.

Please advice as I literally can't figure out what is wrong. My understanding is that I have to
  • Use provided config.plist (no success - system can't boot)
  • Modify provided config.plist according to my hardware\OS version (not a real cusses)
  • Merge provided config.plist with one I have from default installation (not a real cusses)
PS. May be I have to patch DSDT\SSDT before attempting to install Mac OS Sierra? Than I can understand it as my hardware will be recognized differently especial SATA... But that is impossible to do and your guide never stated that it should go in that order.

ACPI hotpatch is for experts.
Suggest you do ACPI patching the static way (not hotpatch).
See guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Attached is a photo how my screen looks like after using config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist

View attachment 231610

Advice not possible without data.
Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

My guess: You did not enable legacy boot/CSM.

You are right - I'm booting in UEFI mode... i should boot under Lebgacy... whY?

Continue to boot UEFI, but enable legacy/CSM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back