Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire S3 i3 MS2346

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the technical data its 1366x768.
Im wondering because as i told you, if i plug in a hdmi my resolution switches to 1920x1080 and its so nice :D

From the technical data its 1366x768.
Im wondering because as i told you, if i plug in a hdmi my resolution switches to 1920x1080 and its so nice :D

Well, it is not really giving you 1920x1080 because fixed pixel panels are exactly that (fixed pixel). You're getting an image scaled from 1920x1080 to 1366x768. You will get that when mirroring (either a real display capable of 1920x1080 or via AirPlay), but to get it on your panel in the normal case, you'd have to make a custom resolution (look into SwitchResX). But keep in mind it is not real... it is just scaled.

Ok thank you!
so last step for me is to switch the internal wifi card to a compatible so i can get hopefully access to app store.
Now im searching for a one with bluetooth and wifi.

So i bought a compatible wifi card wanted to install it.
But my wifi card is built in and im not able to remove it :(

Any other possibility to get app store working?

So i bought a compatible wifi card wanted to install it.
But my wifi card is built in and im not able to remove it :(

Any other possibility to get app store working?

Is there no Ethernet on this laptop?

I think im not able to create this kext file.
Or do you think its not as difficult as it sounds?

It requires C++ / OS X IOkit drivers (kext) programming skills. I'm kind of surprised nothing like that has been created before. I would never purchase a laptop without Ethernet -- I find it useful for transferring large files across the network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back