Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire S3-391 Install error

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did install that Kext. However since that then I started with a fresh USB Key and worked the process from the start.

Happy to say I am moving forward ....

Here is a screen shot thus far on the new USB Key.

-V only at this point..

Screen3 .jpeg

I did install that Kext. However since that then I started with a fresh USB Key and worked the process from the start.

Happy to say I am moving forward ....

Here is a screen shot thus far on the new USB Key.

-V only at this point..

View attachment 121380

For forgot to read the first section of the guide regarding knowing your hardware and filling out your profile...

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

This is the info that should have been in my signature... I will get it set up..

Thank you for the help and pointers.

System:ACER / ASPIRE S3 - 391 (Chimera)
CPU: Intel i3-2377m CPU @ 1.50GHz + Intel Sandy Bridge Rev. 9
Graphics: Intel(R) HD3000, 1366x768

This is the info that should have been in my signature... I will get it set up..

Thank you for the help and pointers.

System:ACER / ASPIRE S3 - 391 (Chimera)
CPU: Intel i3-2377m CPU @ 1.50GHz + Intel Sandy Bridge Rev. 9
Graphics: Intel(R) HD3000, 1366x768

You need to determine your chipset. If it is HM7x, then you have a mixed system and should follow the section in the guide for it.

Thank you RehabMan, You were correct it is a HM77
I will work through the documents, and detail for a Mixed System.....I can't seem to figure out how this is completed..

Can I assume that I need to use your editor MaciASL to accomplish this... and edit the Info.plist file to include the two changes to support the HD3000

I am pulled down the zip files and they are in the same folder as MaciASL

Would that make sense?

Thanks again for the help on this ...

Thank you RehabMan, You were correct it is a HM77
I will work through the documents, and detail for a Mixed System.....I can't seem to figure out how this is completed..

Can I assume that I need to use your editor MaciASL to accomplish this... and edit the Info.plist file to include the two changes to support the HD3000

I am pulled down the zip files and they are in the same folder as MaciASL

Would that make sense?

Thanks again for the help on this ...

Just apply the DSDT patches as mentioned in the guide... No need to edit the kext Info.plist files.

Or better yet, use Clover: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...oting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover-uefi.html

I did as you suggested, picked up an new usb key and then walked through Clover. Everything seemed to be straight forward, however I seem to have failed at the same spot in boot..

I used the file CLOVER/config_HD3000_1366x768_7series.plist.webloc (This is for a HD3000 77 Series Board - mixed system)

Here is a screen shot... Thanks again for all the help....

Moday .jpeg

I did as you suggested, picked up an new usb key and then walked through Clover. Everything seemed to be straight forward, however I seem to have failed at the same spot in boot..

I used the file CLOVER/config_HD3000_1366x768_7series.plist.webloc (This is for a HD3000 77 Series Board - mixed system)

Here is a screen shot... Thanks again for all the help....

View attachment 121726

Show a photo of the bootloader screen.

Here is the screen shot

Tuesday .jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back