Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z77E-ITX
CPU
i5 3570K
Graphics
GTX 650
Intel Core i5-6200U 2.30 GHz, Intel HD Graphics 520

Will this be hackintoshable? I read the FAQ on Skylake and the latest word seems to be that 530 graphics is working.
Any idea what this would mean for 520 graphics?
I realize wifi would probably not work but I'm willing to go with a dongle or replacing if possible.
Anyone tried this with success and if so, how's the touchscreen, keyboard, trackpad and audio working?
thanks in advance.

Intel Core i5-6200U 2.30 GHz, Intel HD Graphics 520

Will this be hackintoshable? I read the FAQ on Skylake and the latest word seems to be that 530 graphics is working.
Any idea what this would mean for 520 graphics?
I realize wifi would probably not work but I'm willing to go with a dongle or replacing if possible.
Anyone tried this with success and if so, how's the touchscreen, keyboard, trackpad and audio working?
thanks in advance.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Pay attention the Skylake info in the FAQ. It is important.

sweet! I take it that it is doable then? haha! cuz you normally would say something if it's not. just trying to keep optimistic here :lol::lol::lol:.

You will find out as you work through the issues.

OK, I'll give it my best shot. Thanks for your efforts on the forums!
I have a aspire S13 S5 371t and have MacOS Sierra 10.12.1 installed on it.

The MacOS install USB will not see the laptop hard drive because it is a NVme SSD. Need to patch it with NVMe 2.8 patcher or similar to be able to use the hard drive.

Sound I used VoodooHDA.kext-289.zip . Works on output and mic.

In clover kexts - other . I placed ApplePS2SmartTouchpad.kext (touchpad/mouse)

Install ACPIBatteryManager.kext (Battery indicator) to S/L/E

I have Graphic acceleration 1536 Mb by using 0x19160000 in lg-platfom ID in Clover Graphics. Problem exists with a dim but usable screen. Need to make a DSDT for brightness Fix - not an expert at that. Have full 1920 x 1080 graphics.

No use of the on board wifi. Using an EDUP usb wifi dongle. Blue tooth seems to work but have not tested.

Touch screen works.

RehabMan-NullEthernet-2014-1016 to fake an ethernet port for the App store to recognise the computer.

I have a aspire S13 S5 371t and have MacOS Sierra 10.12.1 installed on it.

The MacOS install USB will not see the laptop hard drive because it is a NVme SSD. Need to patch it with NVMe 2.8 patcher or similar to be able to use the hard drive.

Sound I used VoodooHDA.kext-289.zip . Works on output and mic.

In clover kexts - other . I placed ApplePS2SmartTouchpad.kext (touchpad/mouse)

Install ACPIBatteryManager.kext (Battery indicator) to S/L/E

I have Graphic acceleration 1536 Mb by using 0x19160000 in lg-platfom ID in Clover Graphics. Problem exists with a dim but usable screen. Need to make a DSDT for brightness Fix - not an expert at that. Have full 1920 x 1080 graphics.

No use of the on board wifi. Using an EDUP usb wifi dongle. Blue tooth seems to work but have not tested.

Touch screen works.

RehabMan-NullEthernet-2014-1016 to fake an ethernet port for the App store to recognise the computer.
sweet!! thanks, this is great news.
can't you post your dsdt and have someone in the dsdt forum help you fix the brightness?

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 3.52.18 pm.jpg Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 3.48.11 pm.jpg View attachment 223126 View attachment 223126 View attachment 223126 View attachment 223126 View attachment 223126 I have managed to apply the Brightness fix patch to a SSDT.aml in clover/ACPI/patched. The Brightness slider is working now in Displays - remapped keys with keyboard shortcuts.

Most things are working just need a bit of fine tuning. Probably will buy a replacement wifi card if I feel like pulling the laptop apart.

Last edited:
Hello ebaymic60,

Can you post you EFI directory please ? I have Acer Swift3 and I believe that config is may be very close...

Thank you for advance,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back