Motherboard
Acer ZORO_BH (U3E1) + Clover
CPU
Intel Core i5 5200U @2.2GHz
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 5500 / NVIDIA GeForce GT 940M 1920x1080
I followed RehabMan's laptop clover guide, and did the following based on it:
- Clover UEFI settings
- Only essential kexts I added were FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller, and USBInjectAll
- Used the config.plist recommended for the HD5500 and did not modify it
- Disabled secure boot on the laptop

I thought I would get at least a little further, a user with a similar pc said this guide alone got them most of the way there

I am using a USB3 stick for the install, which it doesn't recommend, but I tried the install through the USB2 port which didn't help.

I've attached a verbose attempt, any thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_2035.JPG
    IMG_2035.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 217
- Clover UEFI settings
- Only essential kexts I added were FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller, and USBInjectAll

I thought I would get at least a little further, a user with a similar pc said this guide alone got them most of the way there

I am using a USB3 stick for the install, which it doesn't recommend, but I tried the install through the USB2 port which didn't help.

use a usb 2 stick and try all ports

- Clover UEFI settings

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Thank you both for your advice. feartech, I picked up a usb2. RehabMan, reading your docs made me realize that I needed to extend my EFI to 200mb. Doing both of those things it still quickly halted, but the verbose printout was different. RehabMan, I attached CLOVER.zip, but I'm not entirely sure if that's what you wanted. It's just a zip of the Clover folder (without themes) after running Clover and before running createinstallmedia. The docs say "press F2 then F4 at main Clover screen before collecting" but I did not know what that meant.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 173
  • IMG_2037.JPG
    IMG_2037.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 148
Thank you both for your advice. feartech, I picked up a usb2. RehabMan, reading your docs made me realize that I needed to extend my EFI to 200mb. Doing both of those things it still quickly halted, but the verbose printout was different. RehabMan, I attached CLOVER.zip, but I'm not entirely sure if that's what you wanted. It's just a zip of the Clover folder (without themes) after running Clover and before running createinstallmedia. The docs say "press F2 then F4 at main Clover screen before collecting" but I did not know what that meant.
should be a folder called "Other" in kexts folder, then kexts go in the Other folder

should be a folder called "Other" in kexts folder, then kexts go in the Other folder
Oh wow I think I accidentally deleted the other folder, I will redo that

Done with kexts in Other folder this time, still stopping very suddenly. The verbose printout is still pretty similar to the first attempt, even with a 200mb EFI.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 168
  • IMG_2039.JPG
    IMG_2039.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 179

Attachments

• IMG_2040.JPG
    IMG_2040.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 164
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 162
Uploading the output for completeness, but it was the same. I was using the newest Clover already, so this time I tried yours instead. I also set the ig-platform-id to 0x12345678.

From where did you download macOS?
What version?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back