Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire E1-572G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

I've been trying to make my sister's Aspire E1-572G Laptop to install Mac OS, but it doesn't seem to work.

INTRODUCTION:

I managed to install Mac OS 10.10 a few weeks ago, but would crash within a couple minutes (I think that's due to a plugged in USB, on reflection... seen this happen on my PC).

However, at the time I decided to make a clean install, thinking there was a problem with the installation, I formatted the partition I had Mac OS 10.10.x (x is because I can't quite remember which exact version I had).

I decided to take on the challenge once more several days ago, after managing to get it installed on my main PC, which is supposed to be even harder to get to work. I was quite excited, because it is something that is so incompatible, it's unreal.
To think I found it easier to install it on that PC than on my sister's laptop, is rather odd, but kind of satisfying. Makes me believe I can get this to work on the laptop, especially when knowing that others managed to get it work.

-------------------------------
OK, getting to the point:

When a few days ago I successfully installed the Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite on the laptop for a second time, I noticed that when I would try and boot into Mac OS, it would prompt the Apple logo, then cut out and restart.

I heard this happens when not using the /haswell boot argument, but it doesn't seem to work on this particular laptop. Now, I do remember this happening before, and I had to use some boot arguments, but I couldn't remember which combination I had to use to get it work.

Any ideas?

Specifications:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4200U

GPU: AMD RADEON HD8670M 1GB

RAM: 6GB DDR3

HDD: 1TB - Windows 10 500GB Partition & 300GB Mac OS 10.10 Partition.

Note: I installed Mac OS X without the use of boot arguments (worked fine) on a clean partition in UEFI.

Also Note: There BIOS is very restricted... Little more than boot order and password setting can be done. No CPU, GPU, PCI, etc settings can be changed.

Hey,

I've been trying to make my sister's Aspire E1-572G Laptop to install Mac OS, but it doesn't seem to work.

INTRODUCTION:

I managed to install Mac OS 10.10 a few weeks ago, but would crash within a couple minutes (I think that's due to a plugged in USB, on reflection... seen this happen on my PC).

However, at the time I decided to make a clean install, thinking there was a problem with the installation, I formatted the partition I had Mac OS 10.10.x (x is because I can't quite remember which exact version I had).

I decided to take on the challenge once more several days ago, after managing to get it installed on my main PC, which is supposed to be even harder to get to work. I was quite excited, because it is something that is so incompatible, it's unreal.
To think I found it easier to install it on that PC than on my sister's laptop, is rather odd, but kind of satisfying. Makes me believe I can get this to work on the laptop, especially when knowing that others managed to get it work.

-------------------------------
OK, getting to the point:

When a few days ago I successfully installed the Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite on the laptop for a second time, I noticed that when I would try and boot into Mac OS, it would prompt the Apple logo, then cut out and restart.

I heard this happens when not using the /haswell boot argument, but it doesn't seem to work on this particular laptop. Now, I do remember this happening before, and I had to use some boot arguments, but I couldn't remember which combination I had to use to get it work.

Any ideas?

Specifications:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4200U

GPU: AMD RADEON HD8670M 1GB

RAM: 6GB DDR3

HDD: 1TB - Windows 10 500GB Partition & 300GB Mac OS 10.10 Partition.

Note: I installed Mac OS X without the use of boot arguments (worked fine) on a clean partition in UEFI.

Also Note: There BIOS is very restricted... Little more than boot order and password setting can be done. No CPU, GPU, PCI, etc settings can be changed.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Hey Rehab, I just found out (I think I have...) that the early reboot that I'm suffering from is exactly that : an "Early reboot".

You apparently made a topic regarding patching the kernel for Hawell CPUs to prevent an Early Reboot.

However, having looked at it, I can't quite figure out what you want me to do to prevent it, if that's what's going on. I don't know how to follow your guide.

I also tried xpcm-fee -v /haswell but none of these seem to work!

Please help. I'm an expert in the Windows PC world, but now I want to enter the realm of Hackintoshing as it has always interested me. I'll keep trying until I crack this, so please bare with me :)

Hey Rehab, I just found out (I think I have...) that the early reboot that I'm suffering from is exactly that : an "Early reboot".

You apparently made a topic regarding patching the kernel for Hawell CPUs to prevent an Early Reboot.

However, having looked at it, I can't quite figure out what you want me to do to prevent it, if that's what's going on. I don't know how to follow your guide.

I also tried xpcm-fee -v /haswell but none of these seem to work!

Please help. I'm an expert in the Windows PC world, but now I want to enter the realm of Hackintoshing as it has always interested me. I'll keep trying until I crack this, so please bare with me :)

No need to patch the kernel manually with Clover. Clover has my patch built-in with KernelPm=true.

Read post #2.

No need to patch the kernel manually with Clover. Clover has my patch built-in with KernelPm=true.

Read post #2.

Where's post #2?

I tried looking at the second post of your guide, and found nothing.

Also, how do I set KernelPm=true? I've looked around on the internet for it and I don't know where this has to be entered within clover.

Note: I'm using Clover 2k / Build: 2014-11-25 22:05:14 and running on EFI Revision 2.31

Huge thanks again, RehabMan!!

Where's post #2?

This thread.

Also, how do I set KernelPm=true?

It is already set in all the plists in my Clover guide. The Clover guide is linked from the FAQ. The link to the FAQ is in post #2 this thread.

This thread.

It is already set in all the plists in my Clover guide. The Clover guide is linked from the FAQ. The link to the FAQ is in post #2 this thread.

Seriously Rehab, I'm beginning to feel very stupid trying to find where I'm going wrong...

Can you not just give me an idea as to what I need to do in my case? I don't even know if KernelPM will work.

I opened the Clover Bootloader within my USB and, inside config.plist, I cannot find Kernelpm.

Please, can you give me a better idea as to what I need to do?

Seriously Rehab, I'm beginning to feel very stupid trying to find where I'm going wrong...

Can you not just give me an idea as to what I need to do in my case? I don't even know if KernelPM will work.

I opened the Clover Bootloader within my USB and, inside config.plist, I cannot find Kernelpm.

Please, can you give me a better idea as to what I need to do?

Follow the guide linked from the FAQ...

Direct link: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

2016-09-11_zpshcuzs4f6.png

Checked out the post.. Haven't found out anything useful for my situation. Decided to show you what if gives me before rebooting.

2016-09-11_zpshcuzs4f6.png

Checked out the post.. Haven't found out anything useful for my situation. Decided to show you what if gives me before rebooting.

Let's see if you followed the guide...

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Please, fill out your profile as requested in the guide *before* your next reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back