Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire E1-571

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait a moment, just to be sure. i got this in line between 21 and 37 when i searched for TNOT, and i have only 4 Hits for TNOT:

Remove the second External declaration for TNOT.

... and this one line would bring me.. for example display brightness controls?

You need to apply PNLF patch to try native brightness:

Code:
#   Brightness control fix
into device label PNLF remove_entry;
into scope label \_SB insert
begin
Device (PNLF)\n
{\n
	Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))\n
	Name (_CID, "backlight")\n
	Name (_UID, 0x0A)\n
	Name (_STA, 0x0B)\n
}\n
end;

Done properly, it should get you brightness slider controls in SysPrefs->Displays. It does not work on all machines, but it is something to try. Keyboard mapping of brightness keys is a separate matter...

Remove the second External declaration for TNOT.

You need to apply PNLF patch to try native brightness:

Code:
#   Brightness control fix
into device label PNLF remove_entry;
into scope label \_SB insert
begin
Device (PNLF)\n
{\n
    Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))\n
    Name (_CID, "backlight")\n
    Name (_UID, 0x0A)\n
    Name (_STA, 0x0B)\n
}\n
end;

Done properly, it should get you brightness slider controls in SysPrefs->Displays. It does not work on all machines, but it is something to try. Keyboard mapping of brightness keys is a separate matter...

your patch script works well :D i got a brightness slider in sysprefs-> display now, i dont care about key mapping :)

your patch script works well :D i got a brightness slider in sysprefs-> display now, i dont care about key mapping :)

See, I told you that you'd eventually want to patch your DSDT... :)

See, I told you that you'd eventually want to patch your DSDT... :)

okay, and whats about the intergrated mic? it didn't work, but i wanna it to get working. and whats about the keyboard? i cant type ({at}@ and whats about my mousepad? its an elantech mousepad, on which i can move the cursor, but left/right click dont work when u want to move the cursor at the same time.. (i tryed already an elantech kext but this only cause kernel panic on my laptop) aaaaand? can DSDT fix this issues i got so far? :p

okay, and whats about the intergrated mic? it didn't work, but i wanna it to get working. and whats about the keyboard? i cant type ({at}@ and whats about my mousepad? its an elantech mousepad, which will move the mouse, but left/right click dont work when u want to move the mouse.. (i tryed already an elantech kext but this only cause kernel panic on my laptop) aaaaand? can DSDT fix this issues i got so far? :p

I'm not sure what you're using for audio. Patched AppleHDA (preferred)? Or VoodooHDA?

I'm not sure about your keyboard issue. Sounds like it might be a language selection issue. Have you been in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Keyboard->Input Sources or Language?

As far as ElanTech trackpad, there are drivers available, but unfortunately not mine (mine is primarily for Synaptics). Do a google search for kexts for Elan and see what you find. You could also use my PS2 driver (https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller), but it would give you only mouse emulation for your trackpad as there is no native Elan support.

Haven't had time to mess around, but I tried the dsdt posted here previously and now my acer complains something about my bios settings before going to the apple bootscreen and then it panics. Tells me something about the CPU not being reconized...and I though I didn't need a backup. Guess I'll be installing ML again when I have time.

Andy219, try any VoodooHDA from multibeast. They all worked for me and if you get a cracking sound then lower the sample rate frequency, as I had to do. Real mac's have a bit better soundcards.
I too had problems with the elantech drivers, which killed my keyboard and mouse. That was last winter. I noticed the dev has released new versions since then.

To get the at symbol on a mac you need to hold the windows key (an apple on mac's) + 2. I was pretty clueless the first time aswell.
I've somehow managed to map the key to Alt as in Windows, but don't ask me how.

any more help with speedstepping and sleep please

I seem to have the Gateway version of this Acer laptop, it is a Gateway Model NE56R49u with a Core i3 3110M and I just got my QE/CI working today with the HD 4000. This laptop works very well for me with OS X! I ran into the same errors in my DSDT as everyone and I fixed everything, so its now 0 errors, 0 warnings and 0 remarks. Seems hibernation works when I close the lid and it wakes up correctly, but I do not have power management working yet. I also replaced my Broadcom draft n 1x1 junk card with a Dual band 2x2 Dell wireless 1510 card, so now wifi works, it is seen as a third party wifi card so I will probably need to flash it into an Apple card. For audio I am using a voodoohda kext that seems to detect all input and outputs, internal speakers work as does the headphone output port, but internal mic does not work while the mic port next to the headphone 3.5mm jack does work. I will include my dsdt edited source this morning. Here is a picture of About This Mac Window: http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/38348368/Screen Shot 2013-07-31 at 10.13.06 PM.png EDIT: I went with Clover for the bootloader with uefi enabled in the bios and it seems to boot somewhat faster now that the legacy stuff is turned off and OS X works just as well too! If anyone is interested, I can post some more files that I've used to get it up and running, also it seems hibernation works when I shut the lid.

Attachments

• dsdt.zip
    42 KB · Views: 277
very usefull info's u have, would be interesting to find out how it is working with UEFI, cause i failed at my try to get it on uefi .. but at least now i have a "hidden"-like 10.8 with legacy, and my standart win8 on uefi, i only have to switch in bios between UEFI or Legacy, and i have no troubles with this weird dualboot :D

Hi all!,

can anybody help me?.

I bought an Aspire E1-571:

CPU Type Mobile QuadCore Intel Core i7-3612QM, 2800 MHz (28 x 100)
Motherboard Name Acer Aspire E1-571

Motherboard Chipset Intel Panther Point HM77, Intel Ivy Bridge
IDE Controler: Intel(R) 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller
Realtek ALC269 @ Intel Panther Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [C-1]
Intel Panther Point HDMI @ Intel Panther Point PCH - High Definition Audio Controller [C-1]
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 (2176 MB)
LG Philips LP156WH4-TLA1 [15.6" LCD]
Atheros AR5B125 Wireless Network Adapter
Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet

So... I'm crazy!, after the installation of ML 10.8.4, I only can boot in save mode and always, when I install some kext it can boot no more because it shows kernel panic or something like that.:banghead:

I'm new with hackintosh world, I always use an original Mac Pro and all this DSDT, kext, etc are new for me.

Thanks a lot!

which kext did you use? i just google'd for mah kext files, got some threads under topics "acer aspire e1-571 hackintosh" and just installed them ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back