Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I was really surprised how easy the installation was. This is my first ever hackintosh to be honest.
I managed to get hold of a Mountain Lion 10.8.0 USB setup which did the job. Now I'm running Windows7 on the internal HDD and Mountain Lion 10.8.0 after connecting my external HDD.

This is what I've managed to get working.
*Intel Core i5-3210M 2.5GHz -Working, without the Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz feature though.
*Intel HD Graphics 4000 -Started working after pasting some sh*t to the chameleon boot plist file. It shows 384MB in the sys info for some reason though. 1080p works fine on Youtube and Minecraft runs without lag (actually works much better than on Windows7).
*6GB 1333MHz DDR3 -Shows only 4GB.
*Sound -Yes
*Sleep, Restart & Shutdown -Works most of the time.
*Broadcom Wifi -Niet. I'm using a ZyXEL's USB one
*Elantech Touchpad -Nein
*Toshiba DVD-RW drive -No
*SD card reader -Worked out of the box.

A few kernel panics on boot and a few freezes have occurred so far but I think I managed to fix that by fixing permissions in Kext Wizard.
Need to start up Windows and check the lacking hardware. Meanwhile, does anyone have/know about any universal kexts that might work?
I'm pretty sure I'll never get the onboard Wifi working however, but atleast if I'd get the touchpad & DVD-RW drive working I'd be satisfied.
Thanks

Oh yeah I almost forgot. The webcam doesn't work yet either but I guess I'll never use it anyways.

I am considering buying an Acer Aspire E1-571. Have you gotten further on the trackpad, DVD, and webcam?

I am considering buying an Acer Aspire E1-571. Have you gotten further on the trackpad, DVD, and webcam?

The DVD drive and webcam started working suddently. I have no idea what made them work however.
I swapped the wifi card and it works. But the elantech touchpad kexts are still nowhere to be found. The pad works but you can't scroll on the pad or do any other gestures with it.
After using ML for a while I noticed the sound cracking and sometimes the audio jack doesn't work. I fixed the cracking sound by lowering the sample rate but the no sound issue still appears from time to time.
Osx is a bit unstable but it's a good laptop

also some very advanced procedures needs to be taken to get it dualbooting on the same HDD.
it will show boot0 error after the installation of Osx but it's fixable

decibelalexx,
I have very similar notebook.
Did you install some DSDT?
I didn't do it, and my "Sleep" function doesn't work. May be the right DSDT can help with that.

Awesome! Finally someone who is a bit further than me on this project. I'll check out that touchpad driver and let you know if it worked. I've noticed these acers doesn't all have the same hardware. And some help getting sleep, speedstepping and turboboost working, please :)
Did you also swap the wifi card by the way?

everything is working, with my DSDT and SSDT which i will share with you guys now, how far are you along? whats working and not working?

and yeah i did!

Can you share your DSDT and kexts you used? One of my friends just got an Acer E1-571 with an i3-3210M and wants to hackintosh it.

View attachment DSDT.txtView attachment DSDT.txt

Had to change the file extension for the DSDT.. but you should be able to swap it back to .aml

most of my kexts are from trial and error,

but with my SSDT you should get speedstepping.. and also brightness control with the DSDT

Attachments

• SSDT.aml
    1.2 KB · Views: 808
Had to change the file extension for the DSDT.. but you should be able to swap it back to .aml

Best to compress them into a ZIP then upload.

I don't know if a binary file uploaded as txt survives the round trip unmodified.

How did u guys magaged to get Intel HD 4000 to work? i always have to boot with "GraphicsEnabler=No" ._. and as i know we, the acer aspire e1-571 users, cant change Graphics Memory for 64 MB for this funky Enablershiiiit ^^

and btw, if someone wants to know, yes its possible to install Mountain Lion on a USB Flash Drive and start it from it, but its such a pain to wait until everything loads, i think it needed about 20 minutes just to boot up, but it was funny to test it out :)

edit: are you all sleeping or what? :O

View attachment 59604View attachment 59604

most of my kexts are from trial and error,

but with my SSDT you should get speedstepping.. and also brightness control with the DSDT

yes, please make a zip of it, after rename it to .aml the file seems to be broken, opening with dsdt editor shows Nothing :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back