Contribute
Register

Acer Aspire 5930G Running Mountain Lion 10.8.2. Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer Aspire 5930G
CPU
Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor P7350 3M Cache, 2.00 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB
Graphics
nVidia GeForce 9600M GT 512MB GDDR3
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have the Aspire 5930G and I have been trying to turn it into a hackintosh. I put ML on it using the multibeast method. I am having a lot of trouble getting everything working. I have Audio including HDMI out, WiFi using an external Belkin adapter (as Intel Wifi 5100 abgn is apparently not supported?), Speed Step CPU with VoodooPState, Graphics works but I dont know if its full QE/CI. How can I check it?

I am missing ethernet, battery management, sleep, bluetooth, and internal sd card. Can anyone help me? Surely there are others that own this model? I'd really appreciate it as I've spent days testing kexts with no luck.

Processor
Intel Core 2 Duo P7350 2.0 GHz (Intel Core 2 Duo)
Mainboard
Intel PM45
Memory
3 GB DDR2 MB, Samsung PC-5300 (333 Mhz)
Graphics adapter
NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT - 512 GDDR3 + up to 1791 MB shared Memory MB, Core: 500 MHz, Memory: 800 MHz, nvlddmkm 7.15.11.7490 (ForceWare 174.90)
Display
15.4 inch 16:10, 1280x800 pixel, glossy: yes
Harddisk
300 GB - 5400 rpm, 300GB 5400rpm WD3200BEVT-22ZCT0
Soundcard
Realtek ALC888
Connections
1 Express Card 54mm, 4 USB 2.0, 1 VGA, 1 HDMI, Agere Systems HDA Modem Modem, 1 Infrared, 1 Kensington Lock, 1 eSata, 1 Docking Station Port, Audio Connections: 3 (headphones, microphone, S/PDIF), Card Reader: 5-in-1 Card Reader (SD/MMC/MS/MS PRO/xD), Acer EasyPort 4
Networking
Marvell Yukon 88E8071 (10/100/1000MBit), Intel Wireless WiFi Link 5100 (abgn), Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR Bluetooth
Optical drive
TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L633A

I ended up having to reinstall ML because I couldn't get it to boot. Tried again with this kext and edited the .plist with no luck. Still getting messages about illegal chip ID and also about incorrect headers. It shows up under ethernet cards (as eth1!!!) but if i plug in cable it doesnt work or if i go to it under system prefs > network and try to configure it i get a KP. The kext also breaks my USB wifi.

I could be okay without bluetooth and sd card reader not working but if the app store and iCloud and other stuff won't work without a functional eth0 device then I have to have that.

Kind of fed up with it now. Someone please find this thread and post a fully functional mountain lion kext pack and dsdt for Acer Aspire 5930g before I go insane?!?! :yawn:

Hello. I just get it fully functional with 10.8.2
If need help, feel free to write

Hello. I just get it fully functional with 10.8.2
If need help, feel free to write

Thanks for the reply iMotion. :D I would really appreciate your help, was it very difficult to get everything working for you?

Would it be possible for you to share your kexts and dsdt with me? Thank you ;)

Hello! Well, look
I have not really the same book as yours, but its somewhere similar. I have Core 2 Duo P8400 instead of yours & I have not bluetooth in my config

You can write me in Skype - it would be more faster then here
my skype name: peterimo

Hello. I have the Aspire 5930G too. iMotion how you solved problem with ethernet(internet acces)? (maybe some ExpressCard)

Well, actualy i did not. I don't use ethernet and expresscard and card reader. These are not worked, but the rest everything is work OOB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back