GT540M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone.
I just bought an Acer Aspire 5750G laptop.
My specs are:
- i5-2410M
- intel HD3000
- 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz
- GeForce GT 540M 2GD
- AR9287 Wireless Network Adapter
- NetLink BCM57785 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe
- Cougar Point High Definition Audio Controller
- NEC uPD720200 USB 3.0 Host Controller

UPDATE (10/10/2011):
I have added the a new pack of kexts (Aspire 5750G Extensions 1.1.zip).
I haven't had to much time to test every new next, but after a few hours of work my laptop is dining great.
Please remove all the previous kexts before installing these new ones. After you instal the new ones, don't forget to rebuild the caches using Multibeast.
Good luck and I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

At this point we have the following:
1. Trackpad and Keyboard works (no scroll for the trackpad thou) - if you have managed to fix this, please let us know.
2. Wifi works
3. Ethernet works
4. Sound works
5. UseKernelCache=Yes works
6. battery
7. CPU power management
8. CPU Turbo Boost feature

I would like to start a new topic about installing Mac OSX Lion on this laptop.

This is what I would like to accomplish together:
1) patch an DSDT file in order to enable sleep.
2) Gain brightness control
3) USB 3
4) scroll for trackpad. I could not make the native TrackPad.pref to register the custom kexts.
5) and maybe (I really know it is far fetched) to use the Optimus GPU switching technology and use both our graphical chipsets :geek: .

I am a programmer so we could discuss in detail what patches to use.

I will update this post as soon as I will find or fix the rest of the features.

I don't take credits for any of the used kexts. I have patched some of them a little.
We should thank the hole Hackintosh community for their existence and quality.

Kexts.com link: http://www.kexts.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1935

Regards,
Andrei

Attachments

• Aspire 5750G Extensions 1.1.zip
    9.6 MB · Views: 1,249
Hello, I also have the same laptop. I want to know what method you used to install Thanks

tufadaur70 said:
Hello, I also have the same laptop. I want to know what method you used to install Thanks

First, I have downloaded the Lion Installer:D.
Then, right click on the Lion Installer and selected Show Package Contents.
I copied the InstallESD.dmg from the /Contents/SharedSupport/ on my Desktop.
After that I have mounted the InstallESD, opened it and click on the Install Mac OS X Lion. I have installed it on my Snow Leopard partition and then used xMove to install a bootable copy on a 8 GB USB Stick. Please note that when using xMove you need to leave the InstallESD.dmg mounted through all the process.
Then I have installed Chimera (using Multibeast) on the USB stick and added the FakeSMC.kext, ApplePS2Controller.kext, ApplePS2Controller.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext files into the Extra folder and the smbios file.
Using the USB stick I have installed Mac OSX Lion on my machine. I have the bootable dog used by me on my hard drive. If you would like I could send you this file through a file transfer site or something similar.

Please note that after installing Mac Lion, on the first startup you'll need to use an USB keyboard, otherwise the system will hand on start up letting you know that you don't have any keyboard installed. Or you could use this tutorial:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofive ... 66565.html

Please let me know if you need any other help.

Thanks you were very kind and patient ... I'll let you know how it went

tufadaur70 said:
Thanks you were very kind and patient ... I'll let you know how it went
No problem. I think it would be nice to make a real tutorial for Aspire 5750G, but currently I don't have enough time. I will post one ASAP.

Hello, I installed lion and it works perfectly. Unfortunately, the trackpad does not work very well (only function keys). Do you have any solution?

tufadaur70 said:
Hello, I installed lion and it works perfectly. Unfortunately, the trackpad does not work very well (only function keys). Do you have any solution?

Regarding the trackpad, I haven't found a way to make it fully functional or at least enable scroll. On my machine I have only tap, double tap, hold and of course both keys are working.

Hi,

It sounds good. Can andrei.ncs or tufadaur70 please post a geekbench to know the final performance? About the graphics, is full working QE/CI ? And the VGA exit?

One final thing, I'd founded a lot of models, which ones are yours? I've seen:

5750G-2416G64Mnbb
5750G-2414G64MNKK
5750G-2418G64MNBB
5750G-2638G75MNBB

Thank you for your help, and good work!

xabaz said:
Hi,

It sounds good. Can andrei.ncs or tufadaur70 please post a geekbench to know the final performance? About the graphics, is full working QE/CI ? And the VGA exit?

One final thing, I'd founded a lot of models, which ones are yours? I've seen:

5750G-2416G64Mnbb
5750G-2414G64MNKK
5750G-2418G64MNBB
5750G-2638G75MNBB

Thank you for your help, and good work!
Hi,

I don't think it really matters the exact model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back