Contribute
Register

Accidentally installed Clover on boot drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
while following a guide on fixing the imessage login error I accidentally installed Clover onto my Boot SSD. Now everytime I boot I get the Clover boot menu and an error when trying to boot to my SSD. A black screen that says This verson of Mac OS X is unsupported. I hope I didn't ruin my system. Someone please help. Thank you.

Well it depends on what type of motherboard you installed on.

If it was a UEFI motherboard then see the post above yours in the forum listing as someone else is trying to remove from UEFI and there are instructions there.

If your motherboard is an older BIOS model then just delete the hidden file called "boot" which is in the root of your drive and also the non-hidden EFI folder.

To see hidden files, if you don't know how already, download the app from the downloads section here!

Good luck! :)

If it was a UEFI motherboard then see the post above yours in the forum listing as someone else is trying to remove from UEFI and there are instructions there.

For you info, the forum post sequence changes every time a post has been added to or modified. We have NO IDEA what "post above yours" can point to. Please use a link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back