Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP8300
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
Intel4000
Hi!
I had a usb stick with clover install files in in my macbook pro. Didn't know about it until now. When I woke up somehow clover was install, my Macbook must have restarted during the night. Now I cant start it. I've tried started macOS both from clover start screen and from holding alt on startup and choosing macOS. OS starts up but when getting to the login screen I get a black screen. I took out the SSD from the computer and connected to another computer. See attached photo how EFI-Backups folder is there and the EFIROOTDIR.

Is there anyway I can remove the clover files and get back to normal?

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 98
I managed to boot to boot the drive when connected to usb, holding alt at startup and choosing to boot it.

can I do something from here? What happens if I backup to timemachine? Will it save with clover efi etc aswell?

Let me know if you can fix the problem, I installed clover by mistake and I can boot up normally and use the computer but now I have these folders.

I'm also worried that if I restore it or backup to Time Machine it could brick the computer or something.

Attachments

• Captura de Pantalla 2020-06-14 a la(s) 22.14.54.png
    Captura de Pantalla 2020-06-14 a la(s) 22.14.54.png
    148.4 KB · Views: 97
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back