Contribute
Register

Accidentally deleted SystemVersion.plist file. Need a SystemVersion.plist file ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello everyone.
Been installing some software and thus have edited System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist file from 10.10 to 10.9.1 in order to install software properly.
After the installation I forgot to switch SystemVersion.plist back to normal and then restarted PC.
Obviously Yosemite didn't work after it. So I had booted Recovery HD and tried to fix plist file via Terminal, but accidentally deleted the file with "rm" command (I'm so stupid, I know!). Now I can't boot Yosemite and have no clue how to fix it.
I need anyone who has SystemVersion.plist file with version 10.10

Please, help me, I'm really having huge troubles with my university due to this f*cked up situation!

Hello everyone.
Been installing some software and thus have edited System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist file from 10.10 to 10.9.1 in order to install software properly.
After the installation I forgot to switch SystemVersion.plist back to normal and then restarted PC.
Obviously Yosemite didn't work after it. So I had booted Recovery HD and tried to fix plist file via Terminal, but accidentally deleted the file with "rm" command (I'm so stupid, I know!). Now I can't boot Yosemite and have no clue how to fix it.
I need anyone who has SystemVersion.plist file with version 10.10

Please, help me, I'm really having huge troubles with my university due to this f*cked up situation!

There isn't much to the file... it's just:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>ProductBuildVersion</key>
    <string>14D136</string>
    <key>ProductCopyright</key>
    <string>1983-2015 Apple Inc.</string>
    <key>ProductName</key>
    <string>Mac OS X</string>
    <key>ProductUserVisibleVersion</key>
    <string>10.10.3</string>
    <key>ProductVersion</key>
    <string>10.10.3</string>