Contribute
Register

Accidentally deleted SystemVersion.plist file. Need a SystemVersion.plist file ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello everyone.
Been installing some software and thus have edited System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist file from 10.10 to 10.9.1 in order to install software properly.
After the installation I forgot to switch SystemVersion.plist back to normal and then restarted PC.
Obviously Yosemite didn't work after it. So I had booted Recovery HD and tried to fix plist file via Terminal, but accidentally deleted the file with "rm" command (I'm so stupid, I know!). Now I can't boot Yosemite and have no clue how to fix it.
I need anyone who has SystemVersion.plist file with version 10.10

Please, help me, I'm really having huge troubles with my university due to this f*cked up situation!

nobodynose

Motherboard
ASRock Z370M Pro4
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
RX 560
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello everyone.
Been installing some software and thus have edited System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist file from 10.10 to 10.9.1 in order to install software properly.
After the installation I forgot to switch SystemVersion.plist back to normal and then restarted PC.
Obviously Yosemite didn't work after it. So I had booted Recovery HD and tried to fix plist file via Terminal, but accidentally deleted the file with "rm" command (I'm so stupid, I know!). Now I can't boot Yosemite and have no clue how to fix it.
I need anyone who has SystemVersion.plist file with version 10.10

Please, help me, I'm really having huge troubles with my university due to this f*cked up situation!

There isn't much to the file... it's just:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>ProductBuildVersion</key>
    <string>14D136</string>
    <key>ProductCopyright</key>
    <string>1983-2015 Apple Inc.</string>
    <key>ProductName</key>
    <string>Mac OS X</string>
    <key>ProductUserVisibleVersion</key>
    <string>10.10.3</string>
    <key>ProductVersion</key>
    <string>10.10.3</string>