i7-7700HQ
Graphics
HD 630 (1920x1080) + Nvidia GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys,
I've been experiencing problems with my new 5GHz 802.11ac Wi-Fi router, only on macOS... it keeps disconnecting. The speed is also not so well. I tested on Windows, it seems to work well.

Attaching my problem reporting files...

Attachments

• Problem reporting.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 64
Hello guys,
I've been experiencing problems with my new 5GHz 802.11ac Wi-Fi router, only on macOS... it keeps disconnecting. The speed is also not so well. I tested on Windows, it seems to work well.

Attaching my problem reporting files...

Did you disable "Wake for network access" in SysPrefs->Energy Saver?

Did you disable "Wake for network access" in SysPrefs->Energy Saver?
Oh I hadn't... now it's working well I guess, I'll be observing it and report back if anything goes wrong.

Thanks a lot!

Oh I hadn't... now it's working well I guess, I'll be observing it and report back if anything goes wrong.

Thanks a lot!
Well it doesn't seem to completely have solved the problem, my Wi-Fi still freezes when on the 5GHz AC network...

Any further ideas? Do my problem reporting files look fine?

Well it doesn't seem to completely have solved the problem, my Wi-Fi still freezes when on the 5GHz AC network...

Any further ideas? Do my problem reporting files look fine?
Maybe you could try #a country code instead of US :)

Maybe you could try #a country code instead of US :)
The thing is I don't really know how the country code should be set up, I mean as long as I am able to see my network, doesn't that mean that I'm using the correct country code?

The thing is I don't really know how the country code should be set up, I mean as long as I am able to see my network, doesn't that mean that I'm using the correct country code?
When I installed my card I saw all of the networks I should've seen, but still had issues with 5Ghz and WiFi didn't really work after turning off/on WiFi again.
Give it a try, nothing bad will happen :p

BTW, Although I live in Israel for example, using the IL country code (that should be appropriate for my country) didn't help, so I used the general #a one that solved it. Maybe due to equipment compatibility and manufacturing country that didn't fit the IL one, but must've fit the #a.

When I installed my card I saw all of the networks I should've seen, but still had issues with 5Ghz and WiFi didn't really work after turning off/on WiFi again.
Give it a try, nothing bad will happen :p

BTW, Although I live in Israel for example, using the IL country code (that should be appropriate for my country) didn't help, so I used the general #a one that solved it. Maybe due to equipment compatibility and manufacturing country that didn't fit the IL one, but must've fit the #a.
Okay will give the #a patch a try.
Thanks.

The country code is what will be causing your slow AC wifi, without the #a patch you will not be able to use the 80Mhz band of your AC wifi and that does cut it speed down by alot. You can test this by hitting the command / option key on your wifi icon and click it and itll show you the statistics of it like the country code and the TX rate.

You can either apply the patch via Clover using this patch or via Lilu. I found that by having the patch exactly like this itll work fine via clover.

Name: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: 4183fcff 7435488d 55d0
Replace: 66c70623 61eb348d 55d0
Comment: Country Code Patch (#a) - Credit PMheart
MatchOS (Optional): 10.13.x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back