Contribute
Register

AC Adapter weirdness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've made the change and rebooted...

After some more research I've found that this controls what shows up when your AC adapter is connected.
See more info here:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285678-lenovo-thinkpad-t420-with-uefi-only/?p=2109912

I see a single instance of the power message logged during boot but then it doesn't re-appear. Where as it was logged every every 30 seconds or so.
The Thinkpad actually has a 65 watt charger so it may make more sense to use a ACID key from a MacBook that also has the 65w charger rather than using the MBA charger specs.

You can see how some of the data transfers directly to the info in System Information...

You can see how some of the data transfers directly to the info in System Information...

Indeed ... we could probably fill in actual values from the lenovo charger.

I don't see anything that directly converts to 45 watts so that must mean that the "family" value of 0x0085 may relate to what is displayed for wattage based on the charger family.

Makes me wonder what other SMC keys we should be injecting these days to create a "more complete" MacBookAir6,2.

Indeed ... we could probably fill in actual values from the lenovo charger.

I don't see anything that directly converts to 45 watts so that must mean that the "family" value of 0x0085 may relate to what is displayed for wattage based on the charger family.

Makes me wonder what other SMC keys we should be injecting these days to create a "more complete" MacBookAir6,2.

Yeah, I looked for 45 watts in the data too (didn't look hard though... it could be mW). But yes, it could be derived from a separate identifier. Gathering more data from actual Macs may be helpful.

Based on some searching after you asked this I think its from a MacBook Pro .. just not sure what version ..

But you can download a SMC dump for the MacBook Air 6,2 here:
http://tdev.me/2010/12/apple-hardware-dumps/#MacBookAir6,2

From the SMC key dump in that file there is:
Code:
  ACID  [ch8*]  (bytes 85 fc 04 4d d8 12 7a f4)
I think I'll change the value to match the one from an actual Air 6,2 as it would seem to make more sense to use a matching one to the hardware we are presenting ourselves as.

I went ahead and added the 45w info from the MacBookAir6,2. It matches my Lenovo u430.

Sorry for recall this old thread...

would it be possible to get correct AC power watts in "System Report"?
or it is just a symbolic(fictive) value as (always) 45 watts indicated exactly as show in #10:

screen-shot-2015-02-16-at-1-54-11-pm-jpg.126689

I go this question because ... recently I notice my X1C6 battery drains and health drops to 89%. I tracked down to AC power indicated in System Report. While switching the AC adapter with Lenovo original 65 watts(USB-C) or Apple 85watts (USB-C), Sysrep never changes (refreshed).

Is that a reason the battery drains faster?

Edit : as discussed here, Apple power adapter always integrated chips to identify its adaptor, so I would doubt if it is possible to detect the correct ext. power adapter type, but how about its own USB-C adapter of 85W? why not?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back