CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Hi, some days ago it happened a weird thing to my hackintosh.
I have two separate SSDs, one for MacOS High Sierra and one for Windows... And other disks for backup, storage etc...
Some days ago, I wanted to shut down my pc from windows and I had to do the win update in order to shutdown so I made it... The next day, I powered on my computer but the graphic card didn't work. I got blackscreen on both my monitors and GPU fan's didn't spin (they always do during boot)
Luckily, I could connected my monitor to the HDMI port of my motherboard and I boot into windows correctly but unfortunately, my GPU was disappared from the system. I discovered that all PCI-express ports of my motherboard where inactive (so my PCI-express wifi card was not working too) so I tought that the problem would be in the BIOS. I did search for an option to re-enable the PCI-express ports but I couldn't find anything so I did reset the BIOS, but it didn't worked. I've tried to unplug my GPU also but nothing, it didn't work...

Finally after a day, I known about a friend having this exact issue with his windows PC. He fixed restoring windows so I moved on in order to restore mine and something nonsensical happened: After some minutes I clicked "restore" on windows, I got blackscreens but I could suddenly see my GPU fans spinning. So it was working again. After some time, I still had blackscreens so I decided to restart my computer using the reset button and I could boot nicely into MacOS...
I had some more problems because of windows in the past... I suddenly decided to STOP this abomination so I shut down my computer and disconnect the windows SSD. I don't want to use it anymore

For a couple of days my system worked fine as usual but today, when I clicked the power button, my graphic card was not working again... I restarted my pc 3 times but nohing happens... But as I disconnected the HDMI from the GPU in order to connect to the motherboard, it started to work again.
And another thing I can't explain myself, is that even if I disconnected the windows SSD from my pc, when I boot into clover, there's an option called "Boot Windows from EFI". Why??

Can anyone help me please?

This could be a hardware issue man, but either way it's not connected to your Hackintosh. It could be something with AMD's latest drivers, for example I have high fans spinning on my RX580 for some reason while on Mac works great.

This could be a hardware issue man, but either way it's not connected to your Hackintosh. It could be something with AMD's latest drivers, for example I have high fans spinning on my RX580 for some reason while on Mac works great.
I think windows installed his own graphic card drivers replacing AMD ones during the update. Is there any option to undo this action?

You may need to boot Windows in 'Safe Mode with Networking' and uninstall the AMD drivers, so you are left using the basic windows drivers.

Reboot the system and log in to Windows, navigate to the AMD support site, download and install the latest Adrenalin GPU drivers for the version of Windows you are running.

This will overwrite the current drivers with the newest. These will be newer than the drivers provided by Windows Update, so shouldn't be overwritten when you next run Windows Update.

I think windows installed his own graphic card drivers replacing AMD ones during the update. Is there any option to undo this action?
I'm on Mac right now so I can't tell you specifically the steps, but there is - you go into Device Manager, find the graphics card, choose Properties and go to the Drivers tab.

There's gonna be an option to roll back to a previous driver and to completely uninstall it. My suggestion is uninstall it, and then install AMD ones fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back