Contribute
Register

About to order. Will this work? Thankkkkyou!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-D3H
CPU
Intel Core i5 4430
Graphics
GeForce GTX 760 Superclocked ACX 2GB
Hi guys!

Sorry to be such a noob I'm sure you've helped idiots like me out a million times but I just don't want to spend £1000 to find out I've messed up!

So will this stuff work? Particularly the PSU and the case? and also will the GPU fit in the case?
I've tried to figure this out for myself but I have no idea!!

Basically took the budget build and adapted it with a GPU (as I mainly want this for video editing) and a nicer case.

Also, as I want this for mainly after effects and FCPX I just guessed I should include a GPU? Am I right? Will I see a large performance difference from the integrated graphics?

Screenshot 2014-05-26 20.31.23.pngScreenshot 2014-05-26 20.31.29.png

Thanks in advance guys!!

2 things, you can't fit this graphics card anywhere, you should see if the case can fit it, the one you choose is about 40cm I think, and needs a really big case to fit in, you could get a GTX760 of around 24cm that will fit in your case, but not the same model "superclocked"

Also the PS seems a little small, I'm not an expert here but at least 650W, 850W recommended, think that the PS and the case will be the components that could last for ever, will never came obsolete (practically) and when you update your system, mobo and processor will be the first ones to change, or add graphics, hard drives or ram, each thing you add a couple of watts more are needed, for dual graphics is recommended 1000W or more, think in 850W for a graphic card like GTX760. There are some calculators around, but they tell you the absolute minimum rating, go higher than those.

JS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back