Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
CPU
Intel 6600K
Graphics
MSI GTX1070 Gaming X
So the story is that i would like to know how to make the Sierra installation to my system. Atm i have a 500gb Samsung SSD with windows 10 and i would like to keep it that way. But i have this spare 120gb SSD. So which kind of installation media i need to do. I have a macbook with the latest OS so i can acces it if it's needed. My parts for the build is:
MOBO: Asus Maximus Hero VIII
CPU: Intel i5 6600K oc 4.4Ghz
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 2666Mhz (4x4Gb) Oc to 2777Mhz
GPU: MSI GTX1070 8Gb Gaming X
SSD: Kingston SHFS37A120G 120GB for the MacOS and the windows drive is Samsung 850 Evo
I have already formated the SSD to MacOSX Extended Journal with GUID partition map. It is attached to the build and ready.
What kind of changes i have to do in the bios before the installation? I have XMP on and AHCI? in state that says Other OS, because i had linux on the spare SSD few months ago. So if someone would like to tell me what to do for the installation usb and what kind of kexts i need to download for this build. I know that i need the nvidia drivers and i have the packet on the usb.
Also i have atm 2 monitors connected to GPU with displayports, should i remove the secondary one when installing the os or can i just leave it there?

Welcome to the HERO Club! See MyHero build description (link in my signature block).

However, read the sticky threads in the Multi-Booting forum section on the appropariate way to have a system that boots multiple operating systems.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/multi-booting.153

Welcome to the HERO Club! See MyHero build description (link in my signature block).

However, read the sticky threads in the Multi-Booting forum section on the appropariate way to have a system that boots multiple operating systems.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/multi-booting.153

Thank you! I will check and follow ur guide and if i have some problems i will try to reach u! :)

Post in MyHero thread if you have any questions. However, I don't/never have used Multi-Booting on my systems, so you'll have to post a new thread in the Multi-Booting forum section if you have any questions on that subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back