Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
CPU
Intel 6600K
Graphics
MSI GTX1070 Gaming X
So the story is that i would like to know how to make the Sierra installation to my system. Atm i have a 500gb Samsung SSD with windows 10 and i would like to keep it that way. But i have this spare 120gb SSD. So which kind of installation media i need to do. I have a macbook with the latest OS so i can acces it if it's needed. My parts for the build is:
MOBO: Asus Maximus Hero VIII
CPU: Intel i5 6600K oc 4.4Ghz
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 2666Mhz (4x4Gb) Oc to 2777Mhz
GPU: MSI GTX1070 8Gb Gaming X
SSD: Kingston SHFS37A120G 120GB for the MacOS and the windows drive is Samsung 850 Evo
I have already formated the SSD to MacOSX Extended Journal with GUID partition map. It is attached to the build and ready.
What kind of changes i have to do in the bios before the installation? I have XMP on and AHCI? in state that says Other OS, because i had linux on the spare SSD few months ago. So if someone would like to tell me what to do for the installation usb and what kind of kexts i need to download for this build. I know that i need the nvidia drivers and i have the packet on the usb.
Also i have atm 2 monitors connected to GPU with displayports, should i remove the secondary one when installing the os or can i just leave it there?

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aero G
CPU
i5-12600K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Welcome to the HERO Club! See MyHero build description (link in my signature block).

However, read the sticky threads in the Multi-Booting forum section on the appropariate way to have a system that boots multiple operating systems.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/multi-booting.153

Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
CPU
Intel 6600K
Graphics
MSI GTX1070 Gaming X
Welcome to the HERO Club! See MyHero build description (link in my signature block).

However, read the sticky threads in the Multi-Booting forum section on the appropariate way to have a system that boots multiple operating systems.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/multi-booting.153

Thank you! I will check and follow ur guide and if i have some problems i will try to reach u! :)

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 Aero G
CPU
i5-12600K
Graphics
RX 6800 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Post in MyHero thread if you have any questions. However, I don't/never have used Multi-Booting on my systems, so you'll have to post a new thread in the Multi-Booting forum section if you have any questions on that subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.